EUROPE/SPAIN - YOUNG BOYS FROM MURCIA GIVE UP THEIR JOBS TO GO ON MISSION FOR A YEAR TO BOLIVIA AS SALESIAN LAY MISSIONARIES
Murcia (Fides Service/ANS) - On October 11 at San José Obrero di Yecla parish in Murcia, Spain, two boys Pablo Muñoz and Ramón David Sánchez, received the missionary cross during a Mass presided by Father Mario Pardos, delegate for missionary animation of the Salesian inspectorate of Valencia and coordinator of JTM “Third World Youth” NGO. Pablo and Ramón were given 8 months of formation (life of Don Bosco and the Salesians, specific elements of JTM, notions on voluntary mission work and information on the Third World...). After this they took a Mission Course at the JTM Centre in Madrid, with 4 other boys. At the end of this they were given their destination: Techo Pinardi in Santa Cruz (Bolivia), where they will spend a year on mission The left on 21 October. During the Mass on 11 October their families and friends and the parish community, some 300 people praised the boys for their decision. The boys gave up their jobs in a factory in Yecla to take part in a development programme of solidarity. In the Summer of 2002 the boys went with “Setem” NGO to work in Guatemala, but this time they wanted to go on mission for a longer period. The missionary cross they received was a copy of the Cruz de Caravaca, very much loved in this town of the Murcia region. (S.L.) (Fides Service 22/10/2003 – lines 15, words 228)
- 2014-12-05 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – First baby arrives in MSF new maternity centre in Kabul
- 2014-09-09 - JRS: optimistic about release of Jesuit priest taken hostage in June
- 2014-09-09 - A Christian MP in Iraq’s new government
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"
- 2013-09-09 - "To execute the converts to Christianity": shock-appeal in Parliament
- 2013-04-09 - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls