AMERICA/GUATEMALA - TOWARDS AMERICAN MISSION CONGRESS CAM 2 – HUNDREDS OF LOCAL FAMILIES PREPARE TO WELCOME CAM2 PARTICIPANTS IN THEIR HOMES
Guatemala City (Fides Service) – Biblical hospitality which characterised the Latin American Misisonary Congresses held in various in the past years, will be seen again on the occasion of CAM 2 this coming November. Hundreds of families in Guatemala City have responded happily and generously to the call of the welcoming Committee to offer accommodation to CAM 2 participants. Some families are even building extra rooms. “This will give the participants direct contact with the families” says the press statement issued by CAM2 press office. The Committee selected the hosting families from 150 parishes in Guatemala City. The local clergy and parish commissions will welcome the participants and arrange transport to and from the Missionary City where the Congress will take place.
In the meantime in the high plains of Guatemalan native women are embroidering stoles and bags for the participants. John Paul II Children’s Hospital, situated inside the Missionary City, (Colonia El Rosario, zona 3 Mixco, in west Guatemala City) is ready to guarantee medical assistance for the 3,000 congress participants. Besides the hospital two other medical centres will be opened at the major seminary and near the John Paul II auditorium where the Congress will be meeting. (R.Z.) (Fides Service 22/10/2003 – lines 21; words 266)
- 2014-12-05 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – First baby arrives in MSF new maternity centre in Kabul
- 2014-09-09 - JRS: optimistic about release of Jesuit priest taken hostage in June
- 2014-09-09 - A Christian MP in Iraq’s new government
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"
- 2013-09-09 - "To execute the converts to Christianity": shock-appeal in Parliament
- 2013-04-09 - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls