Acta of the Holy See
AMERICA/COLOMBIA – MOCOA-SIBUNDOY, BISHOP FABIO DE JESUS MORALES GRISALES RESIGNS, REV. LUIS PARRA MORA APPOINTED BISHOP
Vatican City (Fides Service) – The Holy Father, Pope John Paul II has, (4 October 2003) accepted the resignation of the pastoral government of the diocese of Mocoa-Sibundoy, Colombia, presented by Bishop Fabio De Jesus Morales Grisales
The Holy Father has appointed (4 October 2003) Bishop of Mocoa-Sibundoy, Colombia, Reverend Luis Alberto Parra Mora, vicar general of the diocese of Yopal.
Reverend Luis Alberto Parra Mora was born at Tenza, in the diocese of Garagoa 22 March 1944. He studied for the priesthood in Colombia and was ordained on 9 October 1971. He has since been: parish priest, vicar for pastoral, vicar general of Yopal and parish priest of the cathedral.
Mocoa-Sibundoy diocese, formerly the Apostolic Vicariate of Sibundoy 1951, was made a diocese on 29 October 1999. It is a suffragan of the metropolitan see of Popayan The diocesan territory is divided in three parts: the Andes region with the town of Sibundoy; east Cordillera with the department capital Mocoa and thirdly the Amazon plain.
It has an area of 25,282 sq. km, a population of 264,400 of whom 175,000 are Catholics gathered in 23 parishes, served by 38 priests (29 diocese and 9 religious) 17 Brothers, 87 Sisters and 25 major seminarians. (Fides Service 18/10/2003 EM lines 18 Words: 226)
Acta of the Holy See
- 2013-01-28 - Appointment of Auxiliary Bishop of Niamey
- 2013-01-21 - Resignation of the Bishop of Mouila and appointment of Successor
- 2013-01-18 - Appointment of the Bishop of Thiès
- 2013-01-16 - Resignation of the Bishop of Bukoba and appointment of successor and Apostolic Administrator of Singida
- 2013-01-02 - Erection of the new dioceses of Gboko and Katsina-Ala and appointment of the first Bishops
- 2013-01-02 - Appointment of Coadjutor Archbishop of Singapore
- 2013-01-02 - Resignation of the Bishop of Udaipur and appointment of successor
- 2012-12-28 - Appointment of Coadjutor of Bùi Chu
- 2012-12-21 - Resignation of the Archbishop of Suva and appointment of Successor
- 2012-12-10 - Appointment of the Archbishop of Keewatin-Le Pas