VATICAN - 25 YEARS OF PONTIFICATE: “KAROL WOJTYLA CHAIR” INSTITUTED AT THE JOHN PAUL II PONTIFICAL INSTITUTE FOR MARRIAGE AND FAMILY, PONTIFICAL LATERAN UNIVERSITY
Dakar (Fides Service) – To mark the 25th year of pontificate of Pope John Paul II, on 14 October a Karol Wojtyla Chair will be inaugurated at the John Paul II Pontifical Institute for Marriage and the Family, at the Pontifical Lateran University in Rome.
The inauguration ceremony will be presided by Bishop Rino Fisichella rector of the Lateran University and the director of the Chair Prof. Stanislaw Grygiel. Among the speakers, Hon MP Rocco Buttiglione former professor of philosophy at the Institute in the early years; Prof. Tadeusz Stychen, a pupil of Professor Karol Wojtyla and his successor at the Chair of Ethics and presently director of the John Paul II Institute at Lublin University in Poland; Prof. Giovanni Reale who will speak on the theme “John Paul II: poet and philosopher”.
The purpose of the Chair is to promote Karol Wojtyla’s thought, his sources and fecundity in the field of philosophical and theological anthropology, guaranteeing systemic study. This is why the Chair will engage in research and support research, promote systematic courses and cycles of lessons, seminars and other initiatives opportune for scientific research and its diffusion. It will also promote the formation of young students by means of scholarships for specific themes. In the inter-disciplinary vision it will also addresses faculties and institutes connected with, or part of, the Lateran University. SL (Fides Service 13/10/2003 EM lines 18 Words: 231)
- 2014-09-09 - JRS: optimistic about release of Jesuit priest taken hostage in June
- 2014-09-09 - A Christian MP in Iraq’s new government
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"
- 2013-09-09 - "To execute the converts to Christianity": shock-appeal in Parliament
- 2013-04-09 - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls
- 2013-04-03 - Parents forced to sell their children to cope with poverty