EUROPE/POLAND - WORLD MISSION SUNDAY –YEAR OF THE ROSARY: THOUSANDS OF ROSARIES FOR THE MISSIONS AND THE POPE “THE GREATEST MISSIONARY OF OUR TIME”
Warsaw (Fides Service) – In preparation for World Mission Sunday, the diocesan Directors of the Pontifical Mission Societies took part in a three day spiritual retreat followed by a missiology session on “The mission participation of the Church in Poland during the pontificate of Pope John Paul II. “The conferences were given by various members of the Polish Church involved in missionary cooperation and the ensuing discussion was most interesting” Father Eugeniusz Szyszka, national secretary for the Pontifical Mission Societies Propagation of the Faith and St Peter Apostle. “About 100 people came together to share their desire to proclaim the Gospel under every circumstance, as Pope John Paul II has done every day of his pontificate, he is the greatest missionary of the present day.”
Every year, on behalf of the Pontifical Mission Societies in Poland, the national office for the Propagation of the Faith prepares a Dossier of information for Mission Week which leads to WORLD MISSION SUNDAY . The dossier consists of a poster, the Pope’s message for the day and liturgical guidelines for celebrations each day of the week and especially for Mission Sunday. Father Szyszka says “in preparation for Mission Week and Mission Sunday meetings of missionary animation are organised by parishes, schools, movements, institutes and communities to reflect on the Pope’s message for Day.”
Missionary animation also includes the publication of articles in PMS bulletins or other publications. On Mission Sunday, 19 October the National Director of the Pontifical Mission Societies in Poland will celebrate Mass for the Missions which will be broadcast on national radio. Moreover, PMS team members will take part in other radio programmes. “During this special year of the Rosary the PMS encouraged people to pray the Rosary for the missions and for the Pope – Father Szyszka concludes -. Missionary rosary groups responded with enthusiasm sending lists of thousands of names of people who form the prayer groups. The lists will be sent to the Holy Father for the 25th anniversary of his election as Pontiff.” SL (Fides Service 10/10/2003 EM lines 27 Words: 360)
- 2014-09-09 - JRS: optimistic about release of Jesuit priest taken hostage in June
- 2014-09-09 - A Christian MP in Iraq’s new government
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"
- 2013-09-09 - "To execute the converts to Christianity": shock-appeal in Parliament
- 2013-04-09 - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls
- 2013-04-03 - Parents forced to sell their children to cope with poverty