ASIA/PHILIPPINES - WORLD MISSION SUNDAY - ROSARY PRAYER INTENTIONS FOR PEACE AND EVANGELISATION AT THE END OF THE YEAR OF THE ROSARY: BISHOPS DEDICATE THE ROSARY IN THE MONTH OF OCTOBER TO PRAYING FOR THE CONTINENTS OF THE WORLD
Manila (Fides Service) - During the 87th Catholic Bishops' Conference of the Philippines Assembly held last July 5-7, 2003, the Bishops approved the following Rosary Prayer Intentions to be prayed all over the Philippines during the World Mission Month of October. Here are the intentions, one for each decade
first decade for ASIA
Through the intercession of Mary, Our Lady of the Rosary, may the young people of ASIA strive to contribute to the building of a new world founded on the power of Jesus_ love and forgiveness; and in their search for the ideal may they accept the challenge to become saints of the new millennium.
second decade for OCEANIA
Through the intercession of Mary, Our Lady of the Rosary, may the continent of OCEANIA share the benefits of wealth and peace to those who suffer from poverty, lack of respect for their dignity and are tried by war, so that the name of Christ be known and adored in the land.
third decade for EUROPE
Through the intercession of Mary, Our Lady of the Rosary, may EUROPE, the first daughter of the Church take upon herself again the evangelising strength of proclaiming the Truth without compromise which gave birth to the many churches and offer to a changing world a genuine progress.
fourth decade for AMERICA
Through the intercession of Mary, Our Lady of the Rosary, may the Church in the AMERICAS rise above the challenging situation of consumerism, secularism and modernism and lead in, a new season of courageous witness, active solidarity and generous commitment to the service of the Gospel.
fifth decade for AFRICA
Through the intercession of Mary, Our Lady of the Rosary, may AFRICA continue to bear witness to the Gospel message of reconciliation and solidarity and become a sign of hope and a promise of humanity reborn and renewed in the grace of Christ. SL (Fides Service 10/10/2003 EM lines 25 Words: 300)
- 2015-08-07 - Women and children are the main victims of the war in the Country
- 2015-07-09 - Violence prevents aid workers to provide safe medical care
- 2015-02-23 - Release of Indian Jesuit held hostage for eight months
- 2014-12-05 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – First baby arrives in MSF new maternity centre in Kabul
- 2014-09-09 - JRS: optimistic about release of Jesuit priest taken hostage in June
- 2014-09-09 - A Christian MP in Iraq’s new government
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society