ASIA/PAKISTAN - “You evangelise”: meetings and catechesis in preparation for Mission Sunday. Children can be “little missionaries”
Lahore (Agenzia Fides) - “You are a Christian, a missionary, you evangelise. You are called to bear witness to the Gospel all through life” is the theme of meetings organised at the Lahore Catholic Catechetics Centre in view of Mission Sunday. Some 200 mission animators, pastoral workers, catechists, religious and lay Catholics will reflect on how to promote mission awareness.
The programme “You evangelise”, is sponsored by the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) in Pakistan. National PMS director Fr. Mario Rodriguez, who will give one of the conferences, told Fides “similar initiatives are being organised all over the country. Pakistan’s Catholic dioceses are keenly missionary despite difficulties. This year Mission Sunday activities will benefit because we will be in contact with the Asian Mission Congress in Thailand, which will be a point of reference for mission in Asia”.
On the occasion of Mission Sunday, children members of Holy Childhood will take part in a special Mass on Saturday 21 October followed by festivities in a missionary spirit. “Children can be little missionaries - says Fr. Mario - on Mission Sunday they will go from door to door to offer the Word of the Gospel and recite a prayer”. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 12/10/2006 righe 25 parole 250)
- 2013-04-09 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls
- 2013-04-03 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - Parents forced to sell their children to cope with poverty
- 2012-11-29 AFRICA - The African Church will set up "Faith, Culture and Development" Organ
- 2012-09-07 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - A million children under 5 years of age are malnourished
- 2012-06-26 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - Victims and people missing due to heavy rainfall recorded in the last days
- 2012-05-25 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - The Taliban attack girls' schools in order to force the closure
- 2012-05-12 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - The "Party of Solidarity" at risk, accused by "warlords"
- 2012-04-18 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN -Apprehension for disabled children of the Pro Children Association of Kabul
- 2012-04-16 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - Leaders of civil society: "It will take ten years to stop the Taliban, but the people are not with them"
- 2012-03-12 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - The massacre of Kandahar "plays into the hands of the Taliban": Civil society calls for justice and transparency