EUROPE/CZECH REPUBLIC - Building together “missionary bridge of prayer”: Pontifical Mission Societies initiative for 2006
Prague (Agenzia Fides) - On Sunday 22 October Catholics all over the world will celebrate the annual World Mission Sunday with prayers and special collections in support of missionaries, missionary work, and poor churches in developing countries. It is exactly 80 years since this Day was instituted by Pope Pius XI at the request of the plenary assembly of the superior general council of the Pontifical Society for the Propagation of the Faith. A wide variety of initiatives are organised in the different countries. This year the national Pontifical Mission Societies Office in the Czech Republic is inviting people to join in a “missionary bridge of prayer” on Saturday 21 October at 9pm to pray that the joy of the Gospel may spread all over the world.
People anywhere in the world are asked to light a candle and gather at home or in church to pray in unity the Holy Rosary or another prayer for the missions and for all missionary men and women in every missionary area. The National PMS office encourages people to join in spirit and would be happy to know about other similar initiatives. You may contact: email@example.com (S.L.) (Agenzia Fides 26/9/2006, righe 15, parole 208)
- 2013-04-09 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls
- 2013-04-03 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - Parents forced to sell their children to cope with poverty
- 2012-11-29 AFRICA - The African Church will set up "Faith, Culture and Development" Organ
- 2012-09-07 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - A million children under 5 years of age are malnourished
- 2012-06-26 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - Victims and people missing due to heavy rainfall recorded in the last days
- 2012-05-25 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - The Taliban attack girls' schools in order to force the closure
- 2012-05-12 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - The "Party of Solidarity" at risk, accused by "warlords"
- 2012-04-18 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN -Apprehension for disabled children of the Pro Children Association of Kabul
- 2012-04-16 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - Leaders of civil society: "It will take ten years to stop the Taliban, but the people are not with them"
- 2012-03-12 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - The massacre of Kandahar "plays into the hands of the Taliban": Civil society calls for justice and transparency