ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - “MAKE THE EUCHARIST THE VITAL, THROBBING HEART OF PARISH LIFE” SAY KOREAN BISHOPS TO THEIR PRIESTS,DIOCESAN AND RELIGIOUS
Seoul (Fides Service) “The Church draws her very life from the Eucharist” is the title of a Letter issued by the Commission for the Clergy and the Religious of the Korean Bishops’ Conference in which the Bishops urge all priests, diocesan and religious, to celebrate the Eucharist with conviction and devotion, affirming that “the fundamental reason for the priesthood is the celebration of the Eucharist.”
The exhortation, approved by the Standing Council of the Bishops’ Conference, affirms: “The Eucharist is the source and summit of the priestly ministry and the celebration of the Eucharist is the primary duty of the clergy” and it urges “every priest to celebrate Mass every day with his community”. In this way the priest “servant of Christ, contributes to the redemption of humanity”.
The document calls on parish priests to do all they can to make the Eucharist the vital, throbbing heart of centre of parish life. PA (Fides Service 29/9/2003 EM lines 18 Words: 162)
- 2014-09-09 - JRS: optimistic about release of Jesuit priest taken hostage in June
- 2014-09-09 - A Christian MP in Iraq’s new government
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"
- 2013-09-09 - "To execute the converts to Christianity": shock-appeal in Parliament
- 2013-04-09 - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls
- 2013-04-03 - Parents forced to sell their children to cope with poverty