VATICAN - “Upendo, Kiini Cha Umisionari” Pope Benedict XVI’s Message for World Mission Sunday 2006 now in Swahili
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - Pope Benedict XVI’s Message for World Mission Sunday, to be celebrated this year on Sunday 22 October, has been translated into Swahili. The translation of the Message “Charity, Soul of Mission” , “Upendo, Kiini Cha Umisionari”, was arranged this year by the National Director of the Pontifical Mission Societies in Tanzania, Fr. Liberatus Mwenda. This initiative will enable the Message, inspired by the Pope’s encyclical “Deus Caritas est”, God is Love, to reach more people and be used more widely in Africa to prepare publications printed or via web sites on the Internet, in view of the annual celebration of Mission Sunday. Swahili (or better Ki-swahili) is spoken in Tanzania, Kenya, Burundi and Democratic Congo. (S.L.) (Agenzia Fides 1/9/2006, Righe 10 - Parole 142)
- 2013-04-09 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls
- 2013-04-03 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - Parents forced to sell their children to cope with poverty
- 2012-11-29 AFRICA - The African Church will set up "Faith, Culture and Development" Organ
- 2012-09-07 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - A million children under 5 years of age are malnourished
- 2012-06-26 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - Victims and people missing due to heavy rainfall recorded in the last days
- 2012-05-25 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - The Taliban attack girls' schools in order to force the closure
- 2012-05-12 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - The "Party of Solidarity" at risk, accused by "warlords"
- 2012-04-18 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN -Apprehension for disabled children of the Pro Children Association of Kabul
- 2012-04-16 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - Leaders of civil society: "It will take ten years to stop the Taliban, but the people are not with them"
- 2012-03-12 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - The massacre of Kandahar "plays into the hands of the Taliban": Civil society calls for justice and transparency