Missionary Prayer Intention
September 2006 the Pope’s missionary intention: ““For the People of God in missionary lands: may they consider their own ongoing formation a priority”. Comment by Cardinal Ricardo J. Vidal, Archbishop of Cebu (Philippines)
Vatican City (Fides Service) - Missionaries often think of themselves as evangelisers. The missionary zeal focuses them on the need to share the Faith with others in the hope of bringing all men and women to Christ. Yet missionaries too are aware that the authentic way of proclaiming the Gospel is to live it in their lives and so become living witnesses of the Risen Lord. More than the need to share the Faith therefore, missionary should be moved by the impulse to deepen their relationship with the Lord.
The People of God in mission lands must be conscious of this need to know more the Lord and to have a closer relationship with Him. There is in every heart the seed of faith which, if its dynamics are simply followed, leads to an ever deepening intimacy with the Lord. This, in essence, is ongoing formation, a process where missionaries are sent but called back to sped a moment of silence with the Lord, as the disciples did during their time.
The People of God in mission lands are called to be contemplatives too, for the Good News which they have received from the missionaries does not only give them a way of life to live, but also a ‘face to contemplate” as Pope John Paul II puts it in Novo Millennio Ineunte. It is in this contemplation that they are truly transfigured and become witnesses to all the nations. Ricardo J. Cardinal Vidal. Archbishop of Cebu (Agenzia Fides 29/8/2006; righe 17, parole 262)
Missionary Prayer Intention
- 2012-05-31 MISSIONARY INTENTION - "That Christians in Europe may rediscover their true identity and participate with greater enthusiasm in the proclamation of the and participate with more enthusiasm in Gospel" - Comment on the Missionary Intention for June 2012
- 2012-04-27 "That Mary, Queen of the World and Star of Evangelization, may accompany all missionaries in proclaiming her Son Jesus" - Comment on the Missionary Intention for May 2012
- 2012-03-30 MISSIONARY INTENTION-"That the risen Christ may be a sign of certain hope for the men and women of the African continent" - Comment on the Missionary Intention for April 2012
- 2012-01-30 "That the Lord may sustain the efforts of health workers assisting the sick and the elderly in the world’s poorest regions" - Comment on the Missionary Intention for February 2012
- 2012-01-13 VATICAN-The Holy Father’s intentions for prayer, entrusted to the Apostleship of Prayer for the year 2013
- 2011-12-29 "That the dedication of christians to peace may bear witness to the name of Christ before all menand women of good will" - Comment on the Missionary Intention for January 2012
- 2011-11-30 "That children and young people may be messengers of the Gospel and that they may be respected and preserved from all violence and exploitation" - Comment on the Missionary Intention for December 2011
- 2011-10-31 "That the African continent may find strength in Christ to pursue justice and reconciliation as set fourth by the second Synod of African Bishops" - Comment on the Missionary Intention for November 2011
- 2011-09-30 "So that the celebration of World Mission Day may increase in the People of God the passion for evangelism and support to the missionary activity through prayer and economic aid to the poorest Churches" - Comment on the Missionary Intention for October 2011
- 2011-09-01 "So that the Christian communities scattered in Asia fervently proclaim the Gospel, witnessing the beauty with the joy of faith" - Comment on the Missionary Intention for September 2011