AMERICA/ARGENTINA - The best way to celebrate is to "renew our apostolic fervour in order to be in a permanent state of mission" Bishop calls “Year of Intense Evangelisation” to mark 50th anniversary of the diocese
Lomas de Zamora (Agenzia Fides) - The diocese of Lomas de Zamora Argentina is preparing to celebrate the 50th anniversary of its foundation on 29 June 2007. The diocesan Bishop Agustín Radrizzani has called for a “Year of Intense Evangelisation” in preparation for the event in view of greater apostolic impulse and dynamism in ordinary pastoral work, Fides is informed by Rev. Luis Alberto Ausili, co-ordinator of the diocesan pastoral council. When the Bishop announced the initiative he said: “As our 50th anniversary approaches we think the best way to celebrate is to renew our apostolic fervour with a Year of Intense Evangelisation, to put our entire local Church, all the communities in a permanent state of mission as disciples and missionaries of Jesus Christ". In this way the diocese of Lomas de Zamora wishes to respond to the Pope’s message for World Mission Sunday in which he writes "every Christian community is called to make known God who is love ... to serve the Gospel can never be considered a solitary adventure, but a binding duty for every community" (Pope Benedict XVI Message for World Mission Sunday 2006)".
In preparation for the Year of Evangelisation the Bishop called a diocesan pastoral meeting , for July 15 on the theme "Disciples and missionaries of Jesus Christ", to share experience and ideas to give new dynamism to ordinary pastoral. Participants will include representatives of parishes and schools, associations of apostolate, diocesan bodies. The Meeting will start with a Mass presided by the Bishop. There will be a conference on the theme "How to live this year of intense evangelisation". Subjects for discussion will include: Mission in the District, City Mission Parish Mission, Family Pastoral, Social Pastoral, University Pastoral, Challenges facing Catechesis, Youth Pastoral, Prison Pastoral, Missionary Pastoral, the Media… (RG) (Agenzia Fides 14/7/2006; righe 24, parole 328)
- 2013-04-09 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls
- 2013-04-03 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - Parents forced to sell their children to cope with poverty
- 2012-11-29 AFRICA - The African Church will set up "Faith, Culture and Development" Organ
- 2012-09-07 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - A million children under 5 years of age are malnourished
- 2012-06-26 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - Victims and people missing due to heavy rainfall recorded in the last days
- 2012-05-25 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - The Taliban attack girls' schools in order to force the closure
- 2012-05-12 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - The "Party of Solidarity" at risk, accused by "warlords"
- 2012-04-18 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN -Apprehension for disabled children of the Pro Children Association of Kabul
- 2012-04-16 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - Leaders of civil society: "It will take ten years to stop the Taliban, but the people are not with them"
- 2012-03-12 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - The massacre of Kandahar "plays into the hands of the Taliban": Civil society calls for justice and transparency