AMERICA/COLOMBIA - TOWARDS 2ND AMERICAN MISSION CONGRESS (CAM 2) – CALENDAR OF EVENTS, CONGRESS HANDBOOK, CENTRAL AMERICAN MISSIONARY PROJECT FOCUS OF WORK MEETING
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) – A preparatory meeting for CAM 2, organised by CELAM Department for Missions and Spirituality – Section Mission ad gentes, held at the offices of the Council of Latin American Bishops, CELAM in Bogota, Colombia, closed on 22 September. The purpose of the four day meeting was to agree on final details of CAM 2, events, media access and the Congress Handbook. However the participants were mainly involved in defining the “ Central American Churches Mission ad gentes Project”.
Among those present at the meeting, which also outlined “post congress” activities, Bishop Julio Cabrera Ovalle, of Jalapa President del Central American Executive Committee; Fr. Efrain Martínez executive Secretary for CELAM department for Missions and Spirituality; Fr. Antonio Bernasconi National Director of Pontifical Mission Societies in Guatemala and CAM executive Secretary; Fr. Reni Maldonado representing Central American Pastoral Delegates; Byron Valdizon CAM press room Co-ordinator, and Oswaldo Fierro Director of Missionary Childhood in Ecuador and in charge of Cam methodology. (R.Z.) (Fides Service 22/9/2003; lines 17 – words 209).
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"
- 2013-09-09 - "To execute the converts to Christianity": shock-appeal in Parliament
- 2013-04-09 - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls
- 2013-04-03 - Parents forced to sell their children to cope with poverty
- 2012-11-29 - The African Church will set up "Faith, Culture and Development" Organ
- 2012-09-07 - A million children under 5 years of age are malnourished