Acta of the Holy See
ASIA/INDIA - The Pope creates new diocese of Jashpur and appoints first Bishop of Jashpur and new Bishop of Raighar
Vatican City (Fides Service) - The Holy Father, Pope Benedict XVI, on 23 March 2006, created the diocese of Jashpur (India) with territory taken from the diocese of Raigarh making it suffragan of the Metropolitan archdiocese of Raipur. The Holy Father on 23 March 2006 appointed first Bishop of Jashpur (India) Bishop Victor Kindo until now Bishop of Raigarh.
See statistics: http://www.fides.org/ita/statistiche/india_230306.html.
The Holy Father also appointed on 23 March 2006 Bishop of Raigarh (India) Rev. Mgr. Paul Toppo, vicar general of the same diocese.
The Bishop elect Rev Paul Toppo was born on 30 June 1957 at Garla, diocese of Raigarh. He attended local Catholic primary and secondary schools and then Loyola Jesuit School at Kunkuri. He studied philosophy and theology at St. Albert's College Seminary in Ranchi. He has a BA in English Literature and a Licentiate in Liturgy from St. Anselmo Pontifical Institute in Rome.
He was ordained a priest on 24 May 1988, for the diocese of Raigarh. Since his ordination he has been: 1988-1990: assistant priest at Bhelwa parish and then at Ambakona parish; 1990-1993: Liturgical Studies in Rome while residing at Pontificio Collegio S. Pietro Apostolo; 1993-1994: assistant priest at Duldula; 1994-1995: rector of St. Francis Xavier Orientation Centre (Minor Seminary), at Gholeng; 1995-1997: Bishop’s secretary. Since 1994: Raigarh diocesan head of liturgy and master of ceremonies; 1995: member of the college of Consultori; 1997: vicar general and chancellor of Raigarh diocese. (AP) (24/3/2006 Agenzia Fides; Righe:25; Parole: 270)
ACTA OF THE HOLY SEE
- 2013-01-28 - Appointment of Auxiliary Bishop of Niamey
- 2013-01-21 - Resignation of the Bishop of Mouila and appointment of Successor
- 2013-01-18 - Appointment of the Bishop of Thiès
- 2013-01-16 - Resignation of the Bishop of Bukoba and appointment of successor and Apostolic Administrator of Singida
- 2013-01-02 - Erection of the new dioceses of Gboko and Katsina-Ala and appointment of the first Bishops
- 2013-01-02 - Appointment of Coadjutor Archbishop of Singapore
- 2013-01-02 - Resignation of the Bishop of Udaipur and appointment of successor
- 2012-12-28 - Appointment of Coadjutor of Bùi Chu
- 2012-12-21 - Resignation of the Archbishop of Suva and appointment of Successor
- 2012-12-10 - Appointment of the Archbishop of Keewatin-Le Pas