ASIA/PAKISTAN - St Paul’s parish in Azam Basti celebrates Feast of the Apostle’s Conversion
Islamabad (Fides Service) - There were great festitivites in the Catholic parish of St Paul in the small town of Azam Basti in Pakistan on 25 January, the feast of the Conversion of Saint Paul which coincides with the conclusion of the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity celebrated with various joint initiatives by Christians all over the world. The Patron of the parish was honoured by also by non Christians.
There was a solemn Mass and the recitation of the Rosary. The Mass was presided by Fr Diego Saleh, concelebrants included Fr Mario Rodriguez, national director of the Pontifical Mission Societies in Pakistan and Fr. Joseph Paul. In his homily Fr. Saleh illustrated the significance of the conversion of St Paul and reminded those present that all Christians are called to convert their hearts every day in order to become authentic witnesses of Jesus Christ and his message of salvation. The liturgies were animated by parish groups of young people and children who sang the hymns and composed special prayers. (Agenzia Fides 31/1/2005 righe 15 parole 167)
- 2015-07-09 - Violence prevents aid workers to provide safe medical care
- 2015-02-23 - Release of Indian Jesuit held hostage for eight months
- 2014-12-05 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – First baby arrives in MSF new maternity centre in Kabul
- 2014-09-09 - JRS: optimistic about release of Jesuit priest taken hostage in June
- 2014-09-09 - A Christian MP in Iraq’s new government
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"