Acta of the Holy See
ASIA/VIET NAM - The Pope establishes the diocese of Ba Ria and appoints first bishop
Vatican City (Fides Service) - The Holy Father, Pope Benedict XVI on 22 November 2005 created the diocese of Ba Ria (Viet Nam) with territory taken from the diocese of Xuân Lôc making it suffragan of the metropolitan see of Thành-Phô Hô Chi Minh.
The Holy Father appointed first Bishop Ba Ria Bishop Thomas Nguyên Văn Trâm until now titular Bishop of Ilta and Auxiliary of Xuân Lôc.
The new diocese of Ba Ria (nom. lat. Barianen /sis/), covers the entire territory of the province of Ba Ria - Vung Tau.
The parish church in Ba Ria, dedicated to the Apostles James and Philip will serve as the cathedral. (S.L.) (Agenzia Fides 22/11/2005; Righe 54; Parole 164)
ACTA OF THE HOLY SEE
- 2013-01-28 - Appointment of Auxiliary Bishop of Niamey
- 2013-01-21 - Resignation of the Bishop of Mouila and appointment of Successor
- 2013-01-18 - Appointment of the Bishop of Thiès
- 2013-01-16 - Resignation of the Bishop of Bukoba and appointment of successor and Apostolic Administrator of Singida
- 2013-01-02 - Erection of the new dioceses of Gboko and Katsina-Ala and appointment of the first Bishops
- 2013-01-02 - Appointment of Coadjutor Archbishop of Singapore
- 2013-01-02 - Resignation of the Bishop of Udaipur and appointment of successor
- 2012-12-28 - Appointment of Coadjutor of Bùi Chu
- 2012-12-21 - Resignation of the Archbishop of Suva and appointment of Successor
- 2012-12-10 - Appointment of the Archbishop of Keewatin-Le Pas