AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - After three years 2,000 displaced leave San Salvatore parish thanks to Caritas

Monday, 19 December 2016 caritas     displaced persons  

Bangui (Agenzia Fides) - About 2,000 displaced people, who had been welcomed in San Salvatore parish, in the 2nd district of Bangui return home after three years.
Don Paternal Zolo, vicar of San Salvatore parish, said that the return of the internally displaced persons was financially supported by Caritas Bangui and every family received a subsidy proportional to the size of the family. "A single person received the sum of 50,000 CFA francs, 75,000 francs for a medium-sized family and bigger families received 150,000. It is a sum that allows them to at least rent a house", said the priest, according to the news sent to Fides.
"During his stay in Bangui, Pope Francis had promised to make a gesture for the displaced persons to facilitate their return. This promise has turned into reality thanks to Caritas" said an anonymous source to the Reseau des Journalistes pour le Droits de l'Homme (RJDH). (LM) (Agenzia Fides 19/12/2016)


Share: Facebook Twitter Google Blogger Altri Social Network