AFRICA/KENYA - Massacre of Mandera: the police claim to have "vital clues" on the reason and the perpetrators

Saturday, 8 October 2016 armed groups  

Nairobi (Agenzia Fides) - "We are following crucial leads that would unearth those behind the attack", said Mandera County Commissioner Fredrick Shisia, in northeast Kenya, where on 6 October six people were killed, three other people were injured in suspected Al-Shabaab raid.
Commissioner Shisia claims to have "two theories including external and internal" on the reasons of the massacre, suggesting that if the Shabaab have claimed it, it does not mean they carried it out.
According to what His Exc. Mgr. Joseph Alexander, Bishop of Garissa said to Fides, at first it was thought that the massacre had been committed in retaliation for the complaint of the workers of a quarry who had not been paid by the owners of the company (see Fides 07/10/2016). The victims are workers who were staying in the housing complex targeted by the attackers. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 08/10/2016)

Share: Facebook Twitter Google Blogger Altri Social Network