Tibù (Agenzia Fides) – There is growing concern after the disappearance of the journalist of El Tiempo newspaper, Salud Hernández-Mora, of whom we have no news since last Saturday, May 21, when from the municipality of El Tarra she was heading to Filogringo village.
After the failed search attempts by the military and police in the area, the Bishop of the Diocese of Tibù, His Exc. Mgr. Omar Alberto Sánchez Cubillos, O.P., expressed his intention to join the search: "We are very familiar with the territories, places and paths, we know the people who live there and in this sense there is already an available network. from the moment we mobilize", said Mgr. Sánchez Cubillos in an interview with Caracol Radio,.
Two other journalists, Diego D. Pablos and Carlos Melo, of TCN TV, had been kidnapped a few days ago. In this regard, the Bishop said that he is awaiting their release: they will be delivered to the pastor in Filogringo and to the regional Commission who are ready to receive them.
Yesterday afternoon, the former president of Colombia, Alvaro Uribe, during a demonstration against kidnappings, indicated the ELN (National Liberation Army) as the author of these kidnappings in the area.
The phenomenon of kidnapping of journalists has reappeared in recent weeks, especially in this area of Colombia. (CE) (Agenzia Fides, 27/05/2016)