ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - RELIGIOUS LIFE ON THE WEB: NEW INTERNET PAGE FOR CONFERENCE OF RELIGIOUS IN KOREA
Seoul (Fides Service) – www.brothers.or.kr is the new web page opened by the Conference of Religious Major Superiors of male institutes in South Korea. The page is vivacious and interactive with news on spirituality, information about the various congregations in Korea, music files and videos, and a chance for visitors to create their own e-mail address.
The Conference hopes the project will strengthen the presence of religious life in the field of new social communications, reaching out particularly to young people who are the Internet’s main users.
The page also intends to keep contact and engage in dialogue with web pages of other religions congregations and associations in Korea. The most interesting part of the project, according to the organisers, is real time service of audio and video programmes available on seven different channels each managed by a different religious congregation.
The creation and management of the web page has been entrusted to Father Ambrose Baek Kee-tae of the Society of Saint Paul. PA (Fides Service 10/7/2003 EM lines 22 Words: 226)
- 2013-09-23 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"
- 2013-09-09 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - "To execute the converts to Christianity": shock-appeal in Parliament
- 2013-04-09 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls
- 2013-04-03 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - Parents forced to sell their children to cope with poverty
- 2012-11-29 AFRICA - The African Church will set up "Faith, Culture and Development" Organ
- 2012-09-07 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - A million children under 5 years of age are malnourished
- 2012-06-26 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - Victims and people missing due to heavy rainfall recorded in the last days
- 2012-05-25 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - The Taliban attack girls' schools in order to force the closure
- 2012-05-12 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - The "Party of Solidarity" at risk, accused by "warlords"
- 2012-04-18 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN -Apprehension for disabled children of the Pro Children Association of Kabul