ASIA/JORDAN - Caritas Jordan welcomes Iraqi Christians put to flight by the jihadists of the Islamic State (IS)
Amman (Agenzia Fides) - Almost a thousand Christians fleeing from northern Iraq, faced with the advancing of the jihadists militia of the Islamic State, will be welcomed in Jordan within the next few days thanks to the contribution of Caritas Jordan. This is confirmed to Fides Agency by Wael Suleiman, Director of Caritas Jordan. "So far", says Suleiman, "there are more than three hundred Christians who have arrived in Amman after escaping from Mosul and villages of the Nineveh Plain. Within the next week the number will increase to seven hundred. In the following days we will reach the figure of one thousand Christian". The majority of Iraqi Christians who have arrived in the Hashemite Kingdom have found so far hospitality in four Catholic parishes, receiving medical care, daily meals and basic necessities. Other parishes and convents are ready to accommodate the displaced Christians in coming days. Thanks to an agreement with the Royal Jordanian Airlines, Christians take the flight Erbil-Amman and the ticket cost is covered by Caritas Jordan, and also has the task of accommodating the refugees at the different centers. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 22/08/2014)
- 2015-11-16 - Christian women spread a manual on domestic violence
- 2015-09-16 - The Jordanian proposal: let us set aside the term "minority"
- 2015-09-15 - Social media: instrument of dialogue or religious hatred?
- 2015-07-03 - The UN decreases aid to Syrian refugees. The Director of Caritas Jordan: the great powers have created the catastrophe, and now they wash their hands
- 2015-05-21 - Educational project for young Christian refugees who have fled from north Iraq
- 2015-04-29 - The first "Lourdes Grotto" in the Hashemite Kingdom
- 2015-03-02 - The parish pastoral Councils answer the questions for the Synod on the family
- 2015-02-10 - CCSM denounces offensive drawings of Lord Jesus Christ on hookahs
- 2015-02-04 - Today masses and prayers in churches for the pilot burned alive by jihadists
- 2015-02-03 - Jordanian Minister: satirical cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad have nothing to do with Christianity