AMERICA/COLOMBIA - "Only mercy can make justice a reality", said Cardinal Salazar Gómez
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - "Colombia is capable of mercy", said Cardinal Rubén Salazar Gómez at the III World Apostolic Congress on Mercy WACOM, held in Bogota from August 15 to 19, which was attended by 4 Cardinals, 7 bishops, 50 priests and several hundreds of religious and lay people from all over the world.
The Cardinal said in his speech that despite 50 years of fratricidal war, "only in God's mercy the attitudes of hatred can be abandoned and one can build a country based on social justice, forgiveness and peace".
During the Congress, Cuba began the meeting of the victims of the conflict with the delegations of the government and the FARC guerrillas involved in the peace talks (see Fides 18/08/2014). "It was a historic event, a meeting of silence and forgiveness, characterized by deep respect, without indifference", said Fr. Darío Echeverri Gonzalez, Secretary of the Commission for National Reconciliation who attended the event. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 20/08/2014)
- 2014-12-13 - SOS of the Bishop on the proliferation of dengue fever
- 2014-12-05 - Peace talks resume December 10
- 2014-12-02 - Satisfaction for the release of the General, but it is necessary to resume talks for a definite peace
- 2014-12-01 - Children are half of the victims of landmines and prohibited explosive devices
- 2014-11-29 - Observatory for Reconciliation and Peace is created
- 2014-11-27 - Hunger and chronic malnutrition cause the death of a child every 33 hours
- 2014-11-26 - Sexual violence on women: a forgotten medical emergency
- 2014-11-26 - Peace talks in Cuba must continue
- 2014-11-21 - The request to continue peace talks: "Do not destroy the hope of Colombians"
- 2014-11-20 - Archbishop Monsalve Mejia: "The general kidnapped will soon be released"