AFRICA/NIGERIA – "It is worrying to see Boko Haram trying to conquer territories", said the Archbishop of Lagos
Abuja (Agenzia Fides) - "The Boko Haram insurgency is becoming even more worrisome that they were trying to “conquer” territories that the military have to try and liberate", said His Exc. Mgr. Alfred Adewale Martins, Archbishop of Lagos in a statement entitled "Take to heart" with regards to the recent events which have seen Boko Haram taking control of some villages in the north of Nigeria and a series of suicide bombings committed by women also. In this regard, Mgr. Martin says that "it is most disheartening to see women and children blowing themselves up in the guise of fighting a religious war".
Mgr. Martins also appeals to Nigerians not to despair for the spread of Ebola that is creating serious concern in Nigeria and neighboring Countries. Cameroon has blocked land borders, sea and air with Nigeria to prevent the spread of the disease. Cameroon welcomes tens of thousands of Nigerians fleeing the violence of Boko Haram. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 19/08/2014)
AFRICA/NIGERIA – "IT IS WORRYING TO SEE BOKO HARAM TRYING TO CONQUER TERRITORIES", SAID THE ARCHBISHOP OF LAGOS
- 2015-02-26 - "Family threatened by materialism and selfishness", say the Bishops
- 2015-02-09 - "We hope that the postponement of the election was made with good intentions", said Mgr. Kaigama
- 2015-02-05 - "If Maiduguri falls into the hands of Boko Haram, it would be a disaster for Africa as a continent"
- 2015-01-26 - The Bishop of Maiduguri: "Boko Haram could conquer the entire north-east before the end of the election"
- 2015-01-23 - The Bishops: "too many politicians resort to slander and incite violence" during the election campaign
- 2015-01-16 - Malnutrition, trauma, violence: urgent medical assistance to the survivors of the attack committed by Boko Haram
- 2015-01-12 - "Future hope for a major demonstration to take place just like the one in Paris to say no to Boko Haram" proposes Mgr. Kaigama
- 2015-01-09 - New violence committed by Boko Haram: perhaps 2,000 dead, several churches burned
- 2015-01-08 - Boko Haram is now a regional problem
- 2014-12-29 - The IDPs in Maiduguri celebrate Christmas among hope and fears of suicide bombs