AFRICA/NIGERIA – "It is worrying to see Boko Haram trying to conquer territories", said the Archbishop of Lagos
Abuja (Agenzia Fides) - "The Boko Haram insurgency is becoming even more worrisome that they were trying to “conquer” territories that the military have to try and liberate", said His Exc. Mgr. Alfred Adewale Martins, Archbishop of Lagos in a statement entitled "Take to heart" with regards to the recent events which have seen Boko Haram taking control of some villages in the north of Nigeria and a series of suicide bombings committed by women also. In this regard, Mgr. Martin says that "it is most disheartening to see women and children blowing themselves up in the guise of fighting a religious war".
Mgr. Martins also appeals to Nigerians not to despair for the spread of Ebola that is creating serious concern in Nigeria and neighboring Countries. Cameroon has blocked land borders, sea and air with Nigeria to prevent the spread of the disease. Cameroon welcomes tens of thousands of Nigerians fleeing the violence of Boko Haram. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 19/08/2014)
AFRICA/NIGERIA – "IT IS WORRYING TO SEE BOKO HARAM TRYING TO CONQUER TERRITORIES", SAID THE ARCHBISHOP OF LAGOS
- 2015-07-16 - "If Boko Haram succeed in cutting us off from the other part of Nigeria, Maiduguri is doomed"
- 2015-07-15 - Boko Haram strikes again, but no longer controls whole territories
- 2015-07-10 - sex marriages in the western world
- 2015-07-06 - New attacks of Boko Haram: a mosque and a Protestant Church
- 2015-07-03 - "Boko Haram wants to punish Muslims who rebel against their violence", says a priest from Abuja
- 2015-07-01 - "Precarious security and non-existent infrastructure in the areas liberated by Boko Haram" reports the Bishop of Yola
- 2015-06-24 - "Despite the latest attacks, we hope that Boko Haram will be soon defeated" says the Bishop of Maiduguri
- 2015-06-22 - Priest kidnapped on June 8 has been released, no ransom was paid
- 2015-06-13 - Still no contact with the kidnappers of the priest kidnapped
- 2015-06-11 - "We are waiting to be contacted by the kidnappers", says the Bishop of Ekiti after the kidnapping of a priest