AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC - The Archbishop of Bangui to politicians "stop the suffering of the people as soon as possible"
Bangui (Agenzia Fides) - "I would like to humbly ask the leaders of the Country to take quick decisions to stop the suffering of the population in Bangui and elsewhere in the Country", said His Exc. Mgr. Dieudonné Nzapalainga, Archbishop of Bangui, capital of the Central African Republic on August 16, in his homily during the Mass in the presence of the new Prime Minister, Mahamat Kamoun.
Mgr. Nzapalainga pointed out that he was speaking on behalf "of those who are displaced, who are fleeing the ongoing violence and are living in difficult conditions".
The massacres of civilians continue despite the ceasefire signed in Brazzaville on July 23 between former Seleka rebels and anti Balaka militias. The lastest massacre occurred in M'Brés in the north of the Country, where according to authorities about thirty people were killed by the Seleka rebels, an accustion rejected by the former rebels.
On August 14, the new Prime Minister, Mahamat Kamoun, a Muslim, who was appointed by President Samba Panza, officially took office. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 18/08/2014)
AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC
- 2015-11-23 - The video message from Pope Francis brought to the Muslims by the Archbishop of Bangui
- 2015-10-28 - Archbishop of Bangui tells Fides that he was not kidnapped during a visit to the Central Mosque
- 2015-10-14 - The PMS invite to "put an end to hostility and bickering" and ask for sanctions and compensation
- 2015-10-01 - AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA – More clashes, but people want the stability of institutions
- 2015-09-29 - Thousands of people find refuge in parishes
- 2015-09-29 - Bangui in chaos: the reconstruction of the accidents, towards an uncertain future
- 2015-09-08 - Archbishop of Bangui: "Authority and the international community have to take on their responsibility to stop the violence"
- 2015-08-19 - The 2015 Sergio Vieira de Mello Prize will be awarded to the Interfaith Peace Platform
- 2015-07-24 - AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA – Training to counter unemployment: 29 teachers receive diploma
- 2015-05-18 - "We have to be humble to have the courage to forgive one another", said the Archbishop of Bangui