AMERICA/COLOMBIA - The first 12 members of the delegation of the victims will participate in Peace Talks which take place in Cuba
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - Representatives of the victims of the Colombian armed conflict will participate directly for the first time in the peace talks in Havana. According to plan, the peace delegations of government and the Revolutionary Armed Colombia-People's Army (FARC-EP) Forces will hear the testimonies of the first group of victims (a total of 60 people) of the conflict. The group was accompanied by UN representatives in Colombia, the Thought Center of the National University and the Episcopal Conference, institutions responsible for the selection of these people. In a note sent to Fides by the Episcopal Conference, Fabrizio Hochschild, co-ordinator of the United Nations in Colombia said the selection of the victims was carried out according to the perpetrators of violence, crimes suffered and their origin, in order to understand the various parts of the Country.
The delegation has already arrived in Cuba, accompanied by Mgr. Luis Augusto Castro Quiroga, Archbishop of Tunja and President of the CEC, and Father Dario Echeverri Gonzalez, Secretary of the National Reconciliation Commission. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 18/08/2014)
- 2014-12-18 - For Mgr. Falla Robles: "The unilateral cease-fire should take place without any conditions"
- 2014-12-13 - SOS of the Bishop on the proliferation of dengue fever
- 2014-12-05 - Peace talks resume December 10
- 2014-12-02 - Satisfaction for the release of the General, but it is necessary to resume talks for a definite peace
- 2014-12-01 - Children are half of the victims of landmines and prohibited explosive devices
- 2014-11-29 - Observatory for Reconciliation and Peace is created
- 2014-11-27 - Hunger and chronic malnutrition cause the death of a child every 33 hours
- 2014-11-26 - Sexual violence on women: a forgotten medical emergency
- 2014-11-26 - Peace talks in Cuba must continue
- 2014-11-21 - The request to continue peace talks: "Do not destroy the hope of Colombians"