AMERICA/COLOMBIA - The first 12 members of the delegation of the victims will participate in Peace Talks which take place in Cuba
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - Representatives of the victims of the Colombian armed conflict will participate directly for the first time in the peace talks in Havana. According to plan, the peace delegations of government and the Revolutionary Armed Colombia-People's Army (FARC-EP) Forces will hear the testimonies of the first group of victims (a total of 60 people) of the conflict. The group was accompanied by UN representatives in Colombia, the Thought Center of the National University and the Episcopal Conference, institutions responsible for the selection of these people. In a note sent to Fides by the Episcopal Conference, Fabrizio Hochschild, co-ordinator of the United Nations in Colombia said the selection of the victims was carried out according to the perpetrators of violence, crimes suffered and their origin, in order to understand the various parts of the Country.
The delegation has already arrived in Cuba, accompanied by Mgr. Luis Augusto Castro Quiroga, Archbishop of Tunja and President of the CEC, and Father Dario Echeverri Gonzalez, Secretary of the National Reconciliation Commission. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 18/08/2014)
- 2014-09-13 - The Week for Peace becomes "Year of Peace" in Cali
- 2014-08-20 - "Only mercy can make justice a reality", said Cardinal Salazar Gómez
- 2014-08-18 - The first 12 members of the delegation of the victims will participate in Peace Talks which take place in Cuba
- 2014-08-13 - Dialogues of Peace between the government and FARC
- 2014-08-01 - The Church: stop the violence, but do not stop peace talks
- 2014-07-28 - Guerrilla groups become political parties: for the Church this is a positive step
- 2014-07-11 - After the Bishops also international organizations denounce the serious situation in Chocò
- 2014-07-10 - The new President of the Episcopate reiterates that peace is the great challenge of the country
- 2014-07-09 - In the region of Chocò: "We are forgotten by all, we have no protection, people live in anguish"
- 2014-07-05 - The Assembly of Bishops begins: Analysis of social reality and new directives