AMERICA/COLOMBIA - The first 12 members of the delegation of the victims will participate in Peace Talks which take place in Cuba
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - Representatives of the victims of the Colombian armed conflict will participate directly for the first time in the peace talks in Havana. According to plan, the peace delegations of government and the Revolutionary Armed Colombia-People's Army (FARC-EP) Forces will hear the testimonies of the first group of victims (a total of 60 people) of the conflict. The group was accompanied by UN representatives in Colombia, the Thought Center of the National University and the Episcopal Conference, institutions responsible for the selection of these people. In a note sent to Fides by the Episcopal Conference, Fabrizio Hochschild, co-ordinator of the United Nations in Colombia said the selection of the victims was carried out according to the perpetrators of violence, crimes suffered and their origin, in order to understand the various parts of the Country.
The delegation has already arrived in Cuba, accompanied by Mgr. Luis Augusto Castro Quiroga, Archbishop of Tunja and President of the CEC, and Father Dario Echeverri Gonzalez, Secretary of the National Reconciliation Commission. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 18/08/2014)
- 2015-06-24 - Latin American Religious give their full support and unreserved commitment for Peace in Colombia
- 2015-06-17 - Silent march in Tumaco: after 60 years of violence it is now time to form "a truly civilized society"
- 2015-06-10 - The inhabitants of port of Buenaventura subjected to "collective torture"
- 2015-06-09 - Human trafficking, new areopagus of consecrated life in Latin America
- 2015-05-26 - "Stop deaths! An agreement has to be reached as soon as possible", asks Cardinal Salazar Gómez
- 2015-05-22 - In the tragedy a light of life: the funeral of 33 of the 84 deaths due to the landslide in Salgar
- 2015-05-07 - Children recruited by the FARC: they are prisoners and infected with the human papilloma virus
- 2015-05-04 - Talks resume for peace, despite the incidents and the distrust of the Colombians
- 2015-04-22 - The Episcopal Council for Peace analyzes the situation of the talks
- 2015-04-21 - Emergency for violence and attacks against minors