AMERICA/COLOMBIA - The first 12 members of the delegation of the victims will participate in Peace Talks which take place in Cuba
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - Representatives of the victims of the Colombian armed conflict will participate directly for the first time in the peace talks in Havana. According to plan, the peace delegations of government and the Revolutionary Armed Colombia-People's Army (FARC-EP) Forces will hear the testimonies of the first group of victims (a total of 60 people) of the conflict. The group was accompanied by UN representatives in Colombia, the Thought Center of the National University and the Episcopal Conference, institutions responsible for the selection of these people. In a note sent to Fides by the Episcopal Conference, Fabrizio Hochschild, co-ordinator of the United Nations in Colombia said the selection of the victims was carried out according to the perpetrators of violence, crimes suffered and their origin, in order to understand the various parts of the Country.
The delegation has already arrived in Cuba, accompanied by Mgr. Luis Augusto Castro Quiroga, Archbishop of Tunja and President of the CEC, and Father Dario Echeverri Gonzalez, Secretary of the National Reconciliation Commission. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 18/08/2014)
- 2014-11-21 - The request to continue peace talks: "Do not destroy the hope of Colombians"
- 2014-11-20 - Archbishop Monsalve Mejia: "The general kidnapped will soon be released"
- 2014-11-19 - Every hour two children are victims of sexual abuse
- 2014-11-18 - The Church condemns the abduction of the General and urges to continue peace talks
- 2014-11-17 - AMERICA/COLOMBIA – Peace talks have been suspended after general abducted
- 2014-11-13 - From victims of violence to the protagonists of peace
- 2014-11-12 - At least 19 countries around the world recruit child soldiers
- 2014-11-06 - "Cali is suffering a pandemic of violence", denounces Mgr. Monsalve Mejía
- 2014-10-29 - AMERICA/COLOMBIA – There is a risk of an outbreak of Chikungunya and Dengue: 4,500 cases in the last two months
- 2014-10-29 - The Colombian dioceses ask to defend the rights of the indigenous peoples of the Pacific