AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Pope Francis welcomes the opening of a reception center for victims of sexual exploitation
Misiones (Agenzia Fides) - "Dear brother, I came to know that on August 1, the Mburucuyá reception center opens. Through these lines I want to greet and thank all those involved in this work, which is a testimony of love and commitment. May Jesus bless you. Please do not forget to pray for me. Fraternally Francis". This is the message sent by Pope Francis to Father Jorge Chichizola, founder of the "Mburucuyá" reception center for girls and adolescent victims of sexual exploitation. The center, which was inaugurated on August 1, is managed by the coalition "Alto a la Trata" in Nu Pora de Garupá neighborhood.
According to a note sent to Fides from a local source, the ceremony was attended by civil authorities. "The center has become a reality thanks to the collaboration of Father Pablo Ferreiro, who chairs the Bemberg Foundation and managed to have this space", said one of the people in charge of the center, Claudia Lascano, who expressed the hope that "Misiones is only a tourist destination and not a place of sexual exploitation".
At the moment, the center houses eight young victims of trafficking and sexual exploitation. Their are offered assistance, thanks to a team of psychologists and social workers. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 06/08/2014)
- 2014-09-06 - The life of every migrant demands we build a new world; migrants’ pilgrimage to Luján
- 2014-09-04 - Announcing Christ on the streets: “committed to mission” for the archdiocese of Salta
- 2014-09-03 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – The Month of the Bible, ideal context for giving new impulse to the evangelising mission of the Church
- 2014-08-21 - The Church launches an alarm regarding the increase of suicides among teenagers
- 2014-08-06 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Pope Francis welcomes the opening of a reception center for victims of sexual exploitation
- 2014-07-08 - After 38 years the killers of the Bishop who fought for hope and dignity have been condemned
- 2014-06-27 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Social Week begins, to promote "the culture of meeting"
- 2014-06-26 - A city in march against consumption and illicit drug trafficking
- 2014-06-25 - Bishops concerned about the national economic situation
- 2014-06-18 - A video against drugs: the Church launches a campaign on social networking sites