AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Pope Francis welcomes the opening of a reception center for victims of sexual exploitation
Misiones (Agenzia Fides) - "Dear brother, I came to know that on August 1, the Mburucuyá reception center opens. Through these lines I want to greet and thank all those involved in this work, which is a testimony of love and commitment. May Jesus bless you. Please do not forget to pray for me. Fraternally Francis". This is the message sent by Pope Francis to Father Jorge Chichizola, founder of the "Mburucuyá" reception center for girls and adolescent victims of sexual exploitation. The center, which was inaugurated on August 1, is managed by the coalition "Alto a la Trata" in Nu Pora de Garupá neighborhood.
According to a note sent to Fides from a local source, the ceremony was attended by civil authorities. "The center has become a reality thanks to the collaboration of Father Pablo Ferreiro, who chairs the Bemberg Foundation and managed to have this space", said one of the people in charge of the center, Claudia Lascano, who expressed the hope that "Misiones is only a tourist destination and not a place of sexual exploitation".
At the moment, the center houses eight young victims of trafficking and sexual exploitation. Their are offered assistance, thanks to a team of psychologists and social workers. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 06/08/2014)
AMERICA/ARGENTINA – POPE FRANCIS WELCOMES THE OPENING OF A RECEPTION CENTER FOR VICTIMS OF SEXUAL EXPLOITATION
- 2015-08-18 - “They steal not only the people’s money but also their hope” Bishop Lozano denounces
- 2015-08-05 - Argentina recalls the murder of Mgr. Angelelli who opposed to dictatorship
- 2015-07-22 - "Bring Christ to families": hundreds of young people on a mission to Goya
- 2015-07-21 - "Mission, a way of life": towards the fourth National Meeting of Missionary Groups
- 2015-07-15 - Nearly 30 percent of Argentines live in a situation of poverty
- 2015-07-10 - The Archbishop of Tucuman denounces: laws that violate the rights and freedom of conscience, attacks against the Church, a climate of fear
- 2015-06-24 - Bishop of Jujuy: "We need the State’s strong support against drugs"
- 2015-06-18 - The first Congress on intercultural and interreligious dialogue
- 2015-06-12 - "We are concerned about the new poor", said Mgr. Ojea, head of Caritas
- 2015-06-11 - "In this America's Cup, and always, say no to trafficking": campaign against human trafficking