AMERICA/MEXICO - The State of Tabasco extends medical assistance to migrants; the satisfaction of the Bishop
Tabasco (Agenzia Fides) – Mgr. Gerardo de Jesus Rojas López, Bishop of Tabasco, has welcomed the announcement on behalf of the state government to extend medical assistance to migrants offered by the Seguro Popular (national organization of health). The service period may extend up to three months.
In a note sent to Fides, Mgr. Rojas López states that it is a good policy because many migrants pass through Mexican territory to go looking for a job opportunity in the north, "and we must help them, it is necessary to share our resources with them even if they are foreigners".
"We have to follow what our Lord teaches; even if they are not from here, we must help everyone and all those in need", added the bishop.
"God is very generous" - continues Mgr. Rojas López - God gives in abundance, and without asking for anything in return".
Mgr. Rojas Lopez announced that on the last Monday in August, he will celebrate a Mass at the border with Guatemala, along with the Bishop of El Ceibo (the Guatemalan Diocese which borders the Diocese of Tabasco). "On that day we will be closer to migrants and pray together, listen to their requests and we will see what we can do according to our possibilities", concluded the Bishop. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 05/08/2014)
- 2015-05-20 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Mgr. Moreno Barron’s appeal: Go and vote, do not sell your vote
- 2015-05-19 - Six million Mexican children do not go to school because of discrimination
- 2015-05-13 - Tarahumara children sleep in schools so they are not forced to walk five hours
- 2015-05-13 - AMERICA/MEXICO – When will violence be stopped?
- 2015-05-11 - Mgr. Armendáriz to candidates: "We want proposals rather than promises"
- 2015-05-06 - The monumental image of the "Cristo de las Noas" will be donated to the diocese of Torreon
- 2015-04-30 - Toys, sweets, clothes, shoes: collection in favor of the more vulnerable indigenous children
- 2015-04-27 - Cardinal Robles: "There is corruption, mistrust, culture of violence, but we must propose a Church that goes forth"
- 2015-04-21 - Consecration of the Bishop of Orizaba: active participation of the indigenous community in Náhuatl language
- 2015-04-20 - Every day two thousand weapons smuggled into Mexico from the United States