AMERICA/BOLIVIA - National holiday: the Church hopes for unity and peace, in view of the forthcoming elections
Oruro (Agenzia Fides) – Mgr. Christopher Bialasik, SVD, Bishop of the Diocese of Oruro (Bolivia), invited the community to celebrate the national holiday that falls tomorrow, August 6, in a spirit of unity and peace.
According to a note sent to Fides, Mgr. Bialasik said in a message of the diocese: "I would like to wish Bolivia all the best and ask everyone to continue to live in peace and unity".
Mgr. Bialasik then urged the community to work for and with the family, so that Bolivian society can achieve a better future.
Finally, he urged politicians to serve the people and not to divide them in order to obtain electoral advantage.
Bolivia is going through a very delicate political moment, in view of the elections to be held on 12 October, in which voters will be asked to elect a president, vice-president, 130 deputies and 36 senators. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 05/08/2014)
- 2014-09-04 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Catholic Bishops of Bolivia and Peru take communications course “For a culture of encounter”
- 2014-08-05 - National holiday: the Church hopes for unity and peace, in view of the forthcoming elections
- 2014-08-04 - Prevention to fight against the new phenomenon of 'micro-trafficking' of drugs
- 2014-07-10 - Insults and defamation: a campaign that has no political agenda
- 2014-06-18 - Conclusion of the G77 + China, the Church hopes for commitment in favor of the poor
- 2014-06-16 - Formation on values to combat violence and bullying
- 2014-05-26 - Meeting with the candidates: an initiative of the Church for the October elections
- 2014-05-16 - Basic Ecclesial Communities: the new face of the Church at the service of justice and peace
- 2014-04-28 - Children sold for sexual and labor exploitation and for the sale of organs
- 2014-04-09 - After the clashes, President Morales changes the minister and meets the miners