AMERICA/BOLIVIA - National holiday: the Church hopes for unity and peace, in view of the forthcoming elections
Oruro (Agenzia Fides) – Mgr. Christopher Bialasik, SVD, Bishop of the Diocese of Oruro (Bolivia), invited the community to celebrate the national holiday that falls tomorrow, August 6, in a spirit of unity and peace.
According to a note sent to Fides, Mgr. Bialasik said in a message of the diocese: "I would like to wish Bolivia all the best and ask everyone to continue to live in peace and unity".
Mgr. Bialasik then urged the community to work for and with the family, so that Bolivian society can achieve a better future.
Finally, he urged politicians to serve the people and not to divide them in order to obtain electoral advantage.
Bolivia is going through a very delicate political moment, in view of the elections to be held on 12 October, in which voters will be asked to elect a president, vice-president, 130 deputies and 36 senators. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 05/08/2014)
- 2015-11-20 - The Church strongly rejects the use of the image of the Pope for political activities
- 2015-11-13 - The Episcopal Conference: "We need and want a change"
- 2015-11-07 - The Pontifical Mission Societies in Bolivia towards the American Missionary Congress
- 2015-11-06 - 100th Assembly of the Episcopal Conference: V American Missionary Congress (CAM 5) is among the topics to be discussed
- 2015-10-15 - The Maryknoll Mission Center has been offering missionaries a valuable service for half a century
- 2015-10-12 - The Pope's message at the forum on climate: "Follow a fair and integral ecology"
- 2015-10-09 - Nuncio Diquattro representative of the Holy See at the World Conference on Climate Change
- 2015-09-17 - Intervention of Mgr. Scarpellini on the candidacy of Morales: "Alternation is an expression of democracy"
- 2015-08-19 - Heavy rains leave more than a thousand of families homeless
- 2015-08-17 - Prison conditions improve thanks to mediation by Pope Francis