AMERICA/BOLIVIA - National holiday: the Church hopes for unity and peace, in view of the forthcoming elections
Oruro (Agenzia Fides) – Mgr. Christopher Bialasik, SVD, Bishop of the Diocese of Oruro (Bolivia), invited the community to celebrate the national holiday that falls tomorrow, August 6, in a spirit of unity and peace.
According to a note sent to Fides, Mgr. Bialasik said in a message of the diocese: "I would like to wish Bolivia all the best and ask everyone to continue to live in peace and unity".
Mgr. Bialasik then urged the community to work for and with the family, so that Bolivian society can achieve a better future.
Finally, he urged politicians to serve the people and not to divide them in order to obtain electoral advantage.
Bolivia is going through a very delicate political moment, in view of the elections to be held on 12 October, in which voters will be asked to elect a president, vice-president, 130 deputies and 36 senators. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 05/08/2014)
- 2015-05-27 - Radio and TV to announce the Gospel in the Vicariate of Nuflo de Chavez
- 2015-05-05 - Adoption campaign for children with disabilities
- 2015-04-30 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Linguistic Missionary Formation: a thorough preparation for the mission
- 2015-04-29 - The Church is also growing in the use of the media: new website of the Archdiocese of La Paz
- 2015-04-20 - New date for the V Eucharistic Congress: September 16 to 20
- 2015-04-17 - "Bolivia is not out of the global crisis"; Bishops fear repercussions on the poor and excluded
- 2015-04-14 - Representatives of the Commission for the inter-institutional relations of CAM 5 elected
- 2015-04-01 - Morales's party wins, but loses much political ground
- 2015-03-30 - Minors remain a forgotten Sector of the population
- 2015-03-26 - More than 6 million to vote: the Bishops call for free and fair elections