AMERICA/BOLIVIA - National holiday: the Church hopes for unity and peace, in view of the forthcoming elections
Oruro (Agenzia Fides) – Mgr. Christopher Bialasik, SVD, Bishop of the Diocese of Oruro (Bolivia), invited the community to celebrate the national holiday that falls tomorrow, August 6, in a spirit of unity and peace.
According to a note sent to Fides, Mgr. Bialasik said in a message of the diocese: "I would like to wish Bolivia all the best and ask everyone to continue to live in peace and unity".
Mgr. Bialasik then urged the community to work for and with the family, so that Bolivian society can achieve a better future.
Finally, he urged politicians to serve the people and not to divide them in order to obtain electoral advantage.
Bolivia is going through a very delicate political moment, in view of the elections to be held on 12 October, in which voters will be asked to elect a president, vice-president, 130 deputies and 36 senators. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 05/08/2014)
- 2015-01-23 - The phenomenon of children abandoned in the streets and violence increases
- 2015-01-05 - "Open your eyes and ears": warning of the church for the election campaign
- 2014-11-18 - Towards CAM 5: Bolivia presents a preliminary work plan
- 2014-11-17 - A project to spread Afro culture among children of Yungas communities
- 2014-11-12 - The Eucharist is necessary for fraternal communion and mission
- 2014-11-11 - The law on education must be applied without discrimination
- 2014-11-07 - Education, communication and drug trafficking: the Bishops prepare three pastoral Letters
- 2014-10-29 - Solidarity and concrete evangelization: meeting of diocesan Directors of the Pontifical Mission Societies
- 2014-10-24 - 50% of children who are born with Chagas' disease do not receive any medical care
- 2014-10-11 - Mission Month: schools in Sucre also go on missions