ASIA/BANGLADESH - A new Youth Centre of the Salesians of Don Bosco has been inaugurated
Dhaka (Agenzia Fides) - The Salesians of Don Bosco have opened a new Center for youth pastoral in Bangladesh, Dhaka. The "Don Bosco Youth Centre" was inaugurated in the presence of religious and the laity and Fr. Guillermo Basañes SDB, General Councillor for the Missions, arrived in Bangladesh to encourage the missionary activity of the Salesians in the country.
The new Center, situated in Utrail area in the capital, intends to promote the development and human growth of young Bangladeshis through various programs in the field of education and professional training, conducted on-site or off-site, in the suburbs and in the villages where young people live. There are already about 100 young people who use the services offered, the number will grow substantially. About 300 children attend the Sunday oratory in the adjacent communities of the religious of Don Bosco.
At the inauguration, Fr. Basañes said: "Today something new is born. The school and the parish already existed here before our arrival. But today we have added our original contribution to the Church in Bangladesh. We need to grow and care for this youth center as a newborn baby". Recalling that the commitment to the school, university and professional training are an integral part of the Salesian charism, Fr. Basañes urged local confreres to ensure that "the Youth Center is always fully committed to the education of young people" and that "knows how to reach the existential outskirts of the territory". (PA) (Agenzia Fides 30/07/2014)
- 2015-11-19 - Missionary wounded, his life is not in danger
- 2015-11-18 - Attack against a PIME missionary
- 2015-11-06 - ASIA/BANGLADESH – Necessity to adequately address the reality of climate change
- 2015-09-29 - Murder of an Italian aid worker: the Church asks the government to protect security
- 2015-09-10 - Bishop of Rajshahi welcomes Cardinal Filoni: "Communities in jubilation during the Jubilee"
- 2015-09-09 - Pastoral Letter of the Bishop of Rajshahi: "A Jubilee of blessing"
- 2015-09-08 - Cardinal Filoni in Rajshahi for the XXV of the diocese: a Church in mission among the adivasis
- 2015-08-27 - ASIA/BANGLADESH – Blogger killings: religious minorities are even in danger
- 2015-08-06 - Child labor: illegal but cheap in a Country with 8 million working children
- 2015-07-09 - Risking their lives to escape poverty