AMERICA/BRAZIL - Mission to relieve: a challenge for evangelization; the Missionary Campaign 2014 begins
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) – The Missionary Campaign 2014 in Brazil has begun in view of World Mission Day, which will be held on 18 and 19 October. The aim of “Mission to relieve” is to bring awareness of the existence of slavery and human trafficking in its various forms.
"The victims of this crime is one of the worst forms of modern slavery", says the note sent to Fides Agency by the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) in Brazil.
The material for animation has already been sent to all dioceses and prelacies of Brazil, and is also available on the website of the PMS. One can download articles of reflection, posters, the libretto for the novena, testimonial videos, the Pope's Message for World Mission Day, the missionary prayer, prayers of the faithful, brochures and other subsidies.
The missionary campaign, which will be intensified in October, is organized by the PMS in Brazil, in collaboration with the Episcopal Conference (CNBB), through the Committee for Missionary Action and Inter-ecclesial Cooperation, the Commission for the Amazon and other organizations that form the National Missionary Council (COMINA). (CE) (Agenzia Fides 23/07/2014)
- 2015-11-25 - National school feeding program to improve the living conditions of children and farmers
- 2015-11-23 - The presence of foreign missionaries enriches the Church in Brazil
- 2015-11-13 - Two more religious missionary nuns sent to Haiti: they will help children, youth and families
- 2015-10-30 - Bishops' message: Crisis in the country worsens, dialogue and democracy are needed
- 2015-10-20 - "Scalabrinian Mission": opening of a new reception center for refugees in Sao Paulo
- 2015-10-14 - "The wealth of Brazil should be better distributed" asks Mgr. Nicioli
- 2015-10-10 - The Church: it is urgent to save abandoned children and adolescents who have disappeared
- 2015-09-16 - "How many people have to die before they have justice?", since 1983 at least 50 indigenous leaders have been killed
- 2015-09-15 - Preparation for World Mission Sunday 2015 begins
- 2015-09-14 - Early Marriages: still half a million young newlyweds between 15 to 17 years of age