AMERICA/BRAZIL - Mission to relieve: a challenge for evangelization; the Missionary Campaign 2014 begins
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) – The Missionary Campaign 2014 in Brazil has begun in view of World Mission Day, which will be held on 18 and 19 October. The aim of “Mission to relieve” is to bring awareness of the existence of slavery and human trafficking in its various forms.
"The victims of this crime is one of the worst forms of modern slavery", says the note sent to Fides Agency by the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) in Brazil.
The material for animation has already been sent to all dioceses and prelacies of Brazil, and is also available on the website of the PMS. One can download articles of reflection, posters, the libretto for the novena, testimonial videos, the Pope's Message for World Mission Day, the missionary prayer, prayers of the faithful, brochures and other subsidies.
The missionary campaign, which will be intensified in October, is organized by the PMS in Brazil, in collaboration with the Episcopal Conference (CNBB), through the Committee for Missionary Action and Inter-ecclesial Cooperation, the Commission for the Amazon and other organizations that form the National Missionary Council (COMINA). (CE) (Agenzia Fides 23/07/2014)
- 2015-06-25 - More than 20,000 people every week prepare themselves for the feast of Our Lady of Perpetual Help
- 2015-06-23 - Report of CIMI: suicide and infant mortality are decimating the indigenous population
- 2015-06-16 - On the border between Peru and Bolivia, crossroads of migrants
- 2015-06-16 - "No to prejudice, yes to rights and participation": week of Migrants
- 2015-06-10 - From Haiti to Brazil in the hands of human traffickers, with the hope of a better future
- 2015-05-27 - Bishops’ refelection: "Thinking Brazil", social inequalities in Brazil
- 2015-05-22 - More than 630,000 signatures for political Reform and transparent elections
- 2015-05-02 - Bishops' Message for May 1st: "We cannot live with slave labor"
- 2015-04-29 - "They kill to intimidate": another indigenous leader killed, the complaint of CIMI
- 2015-04-28 - Theme chosen for Missionary Campaign 2015 in Brazil: "Mission is to serve"