AMERICA/BRAZIL - Mission to relieve: a challenge for evangelization; the Missionary Campaign 2014 begins
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) – The Missionary Campaign 2014 in Brazil has begun in view of World Mission Day, which will be held on 18 and 19 October. The aim of “Mission to relieve” is to bring awareness of the existence of slavery and human trafficking in its various forms.
"The victims of this crime is one of the worst forms of modern slavery", says the note sent to Fides Agency by the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) in Brazil.
The material for animation has already been sent to all dioceses and prelacies of Brazil, and is also available on the website of the PMS. One can download articles of reflection, posters, the libretto for the novena, testimonial videos, the Pope's Message for World Mission Day, the missionary prayer, prayers of the faithful, brochures and other subsidies.
The missionary campaign, which will be intensified in October, is organized by the PMS in Brazil, in collaboration with the Episcopal Conference (CNBB), through the Committee for Missionary Action and Inter-ecclesial Cooperation, the Commission for the Amazon and other organizations that form the National Missionary Council (COMINA). (CE) (Agenzia Fides 23/07/2014)
- 2014-09-24 - Missionary Campaign 2014: One cannot combat human trafficking without combatting poverty and inequality
- 2014-09-18 - Elections of October 5: corruption enters the electoral debate
- 2014-09-17 - Join forces for joint action: establishment of the "Red Eclesial Pan-Amazon"
- 2014-09-02 - Bishops’ Conference promotes television debate between candidates for Presidency
- 2014-08-22 - AMERICA/BRAZIL – The "Ecumenism and the Missions" Symposium begins
- 2014-07-23 - Mission to relieve: a challenge for evangelization; the Missionary Campaign 2014 begins
- 2014-07-18 - The first "National Catholic Congress online" for those working in the field of evangelization
- 2014-07-16 - A photo exhibition on the 33 years of fighting for the rights of indigenous peoples arrives in Manaus
- 2014-07-04 - "Immediate answers concerning the issue of immigrants are urgently needed"
- 2014-06-30 - Exploitation of children: from the World Cup to the Winter Olympics 2016