AFRICA/KENYA - Works begin on a new center for disabled children in the village of Kandisi
Nairobi (Agenzia Fides) - In the small village of Kandisi, 25 km from the capital Nairobi, at the Opera Don Orione mission in Kenya, works have begun regarding the construction of the physiotherapy and rehabilitation Center for children with disabilities. According to information sent to Fides Agency, there is already a center of horticulture where boys and girls with disabilities socialize, learn how to develop their skills in a human and religious context that promotes their dignity.
The Centre under construction will complement and expand this type of activity, so as to ensure that these people receive assistance and help.
The realization of these works is made possible thanks to the contribution of some benefactors who support the efforts of the Don Orione Fathers, who in this part of Kenya take care of a parish that welcomes many villagers of ethnic Masai. In Kenya, the Church runs 2,805 health care facilities, of which 86 centers for the elderly, disabled and handicapped. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 23/07/2014)
- 2014-11-24 - Security measures have been intensified in front of churches after the massacre of the bus
- 2014-11-19 - AFRICA/KENYA – Joint tests of Church and State on the tetanus vaccine considered a means of birth control
- 2014-11-11 - The government presents a commission of inquiry on the tetanus vaccination after the protests of the Church
- 2014-11-07 - Bishops reaffirm: "tetanus vaccination is a program of population control in disguise"
- 2014-11-04 - The comfort of the Church for the victims of the attack in the area of Lake Turkana
- 2014-10-17 - The Bishops: "What does the tetanus campaign hide?"
- 2014-09-05 - “Enough violence in northern Kenya!” cry Catholic Bishops
- 2014-09-05 - AFRICA/KENYA – New Rector for St. Matthias Mulumba Major seminary in the diocese of Eldoret
- 2014-09-05 - diocesan Major Seminary in the diocese of Nakuru, appointed.
- 2014-09-04 - AFRICA/KENYA – Rector for St. Thomas Aquinas major seminary in Nairobi appointed