AFRICA/KENYA - Works begin on a new center for disabled children in the village of Kandisi
Nairobi (Agenzia Fides) - In the small village of Kandisi, 25 km from the capital Nairobi, at the Opera Don Orione mission in Kenya, works have begun regarding the construction of the physiotherapy and rehabilitation Center for children with disabilities. According to information sent to Fides Agency, there is already a center of horticulture where boys and girls with disabilities socialize, learn how to develop their skills in a human and religious context that promotes their dignity.
The Centre under construction will complement and expand this type of activity, so as to ensure that these people receive assistance and help.
The realization of these works is made possible thanks to the contribution of some benefactors who support the efforts of the Don Orione Fathers, who in this part of Kenya take care of a parish that welcomes many villagers of ethnic Masai. In Kenya, the Church runs 2,805 health care facilities, of which 86 centers for the elderly, disabled and handicapped. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 23/07/2014)
- 2015-09-08 - The protest of teachers takes to the street, the Church calls for dialogue
- 2015-09-04 - The Bishops of Kenya officially announce Pope Francis' visit
- 2015-09-03 - Bishop of Meru: "Fight for a culture that promotes family and life"
- 2015-08-17 - AFRICA/KENYA – Concern for reported destructive behaviour in local Catholic schools
- 2015-08-06 - By 2020, 20 Catholic radio stations will be created to cover the entire territory of Kenya
- 2015-07-30 - AFRICA/KENYA – Bishops call for general ‘boycot’ of upcoming vaccination campaign until vaccine is tested
- 2015-07-08 - More than 500 deaths in 150 terrorist attacks in the last three years
- 2015-07-07 - "The project of the Shabaab to liberate the north-east from non-Somalis continues" said the coadjutor Bishop of Garissa
- 2015-06-23 - The exhortation of Mgr. Pante to 600,000 refugees welcomed in Kenya: "Do not lose hope"
- 2015-06-15 - Even two Westerners among the Shabaab killed in an assault on a military camp