AFRICA/KENYA - Works begin on a new center for disabled children in the village of Kandisi
Nairobi (Agenzia Fides) - In the small village of Kandisi, 25 km from the capital Nairobi, at the Opera Don Orione mission in Kenya, works have begun regarding the construction of the physiotherapy and rehabilitation Center for children with disabilities. According to information sent to Fides Agency, there is already a center of horticulture where boys and girls with disabilities socialize, learn how to develop their skills in a human and religious context that promotes their dignity.
The Centre under construction will complement and expand this type of activity, so as to ensure that these people receive assistance and help.
The realization of these works is made possible thanks to the contribution of some benefactors who support the efforts of the Don Orione Fathers, who in this part of Kenya take care of a parish that welcomes many villagers of ethnic Masai. In Kenya, the Church runs 2,805 health care facilities, of which 86 centers for the elderly, disabled and handicapped. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 23/07/2014)
- 2015-01-20 - Schoolchildren abused of their rights
- 2015-01-14 - Tetanus vaccine: the first tests deny that it can be used for birth control
- 2014-12-30 - Anti-Christian attacks: Christian leaders urge the faithful to forgiveness
- 2014-12-23 - State and Church work together to help the people of Lake Turkana
- 2014-12-18 - Clashes among MPs on anti-terrorism law could put fundamental freedoms at risk
- 2014-12-12 - Christian leaders ask Muslims "for a deliberate and concerted effort" to stop the violence of the Shabaab
- 2014-12-05 - AFRICA/KENYA – Bishop of Kakamega resigns, successor appointed
- 2014-12-02 - Coadjutor Bishop of Garissa: "One is trying to destabilize the north of Kenya"
- 2014-12-01 - Justice and Peace Commission: The state of insecurity is to be declared "national disaster"
- 2014-11-24 - Security measures have been intensified in front of churches after the massacre of the bus