EUROPE/SPAIN - March for solidarity: 1600 million unemployed and 400 million young slaves in the world
Madrid (Agenzia Fides) - Unemployment and slavery are two sides of the same coin. Young people from all over the world are slaves or are exploited. From the work done with the hands of 400 million children, clothes, shoes, fruit, cereals, flowers are produced. These are flanked by 1.6 billion unemployed worldwide. There are many situations in front of which we cannot remain indifferent: immigrant children, those who live on the streets in Argentina, the mothers of those killed violently in Venezuela. To protest against these injustices, Camino Juvenil Solidario (CJS), the Spanish youth section of the Christian Cultural Movement, has invited all the young people of Spain to take part in a joint initiative for this summer 2014.
After years of preparation and contacts with various Spanish groups and organizations and other countries, the CJS proposes the "March for Solidarity 2014", which will travel the Country starting from different places in order to reach Madrid together. Hundreds of individuals and associations have joined and opened its doors to all those who take part (including schools, churches, municipal sports centers), supporting initiatives in villages and towns, through songs, dances, paintings, and staging the life of Iqbal Masih, a slave boy murdered in Pakistan on April 16, 1995 for the struggle for freedom from the slavery of minors. The march will end in Madrid on Saturday, July 26, with the meeting of groups and the end of all activities. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 22/07/2014)
- 2014-12-04 - EUROPE/SPAIN – Fund raising Christmas markets in aid of HIV positive and abused children in Zimbabwe
- 2014-12-04 - EUROPE/SPAIN – Missionaries victims of Ebola: we remember our missionaries, what they do and for whom they work
- 2014-10-31 - Alarm tuberculosis: outdated policies will not be able to stop the peak of TB drug-resistant strains
- 2014-10-31 - Caritas Spain receives an award "for the defense of the rights of the people"
- 2014-10-23 - Every year 100,000 Christians die because of religious persecution
- 2014-10-23 - Concerned about "our" problems, while thousands of people die every day
- 2014-10-17 - While 805 million people suffer from hunger, 30% of food is wasted
- 2014-10-09 - "Now it is not possible to stop us": campaign against child mortality
- 2014-10-08 - V Centenary of St. Teresa of Jesus
- 2014-09-26 - Another Spanish missionary doctor suffering from ebola died in Madrid