EUROPE/SPAIN - March for solidarity: 1600 million unemployed and 400 million young slaves in the world
Madrid (Agenzia Fides) - Unemployment and slavery are two sides of the same coin. Young people from all over the world are slaves or are exploited. From the work done with the hands of 400 million children, clothes, shoes, fruit, cereals, flowers are produced. These are flanked by 1.6 billion unemployed worldwide. There are many situations in front of which we cannot remain indifferent: immigrant children, those who live on the streets in Argentina, the mothers of those killed violently in Venezuela. To protest against these injustices, Camino Juvenil Solidario (CJS), the Spanish youth section of the Christian Cultural Movement, has invited all the young people of Spain to take part in a joint initiative for this summer 2014.
After years of preparation and contacts with various Spanish groups and organizations and other countries, the CJS proposes the "March for Solidarity 2014", which will travel the Country starting from different places in order to reach Madrid together. Hundreds of individuals and associations have joined and opened its doors to all those who take part (including schools, churches, municipal sports centers), supporting initiatives in villages and towns, through songs, dances, paintings, and staging the life of Iqbal Masih, a slave boy murdered in Pakistan on April 16, 1995 for the struggle for freedom from the slavery of minors. The march will end in Madrid on Saturday, July 26, with the meeting of groups and the end of all activities. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 22/07/2014)
- 2015-05-21 - Hunger is not inevitable: 350 thousand children in the world against child malnutrition
- 2015-05-21 - Support for an alternative model for the regional economy developed by Caritas
- 2015-05-13 - Minerals, cause of conflicts in the world: NGOs ask the EU for "a strong law"
- 2015-04-24 - Migrants: disappointment for the CIE Regulation, approved a year ago and still unrealized
- 2015-04-21 - The Bishops in assembly: Mission, emigration and social crisis
- 2015-03-31 - UNHCR report: Almost 6000 applications for asylum in Spain in 2014
- 2015-03-25 - March 26: Day of Prayer for Peace in the fifth centenary of Saint Teresa
- 2015-03-20 - Every minute a child dies due to lack of drinking water
- 2015-03-16 - Pastor of the Shrine of Virxe do Cristal killed
- 2015-03-10 - Migration: "The Church is the critical conscience before the authorities"