AFRICA/KENYA - The army have discovered four fields where the perpetrators of the attacks in the coastal region hide
Nairobi (Agenzia Fides) - The Kenyan security forces have found and destroyed four paramilitary fields used by militants who since June have terrorized some villages in the County of Lamu on the coast of Kenya on the border with Somalia (see Fides 16, 17 and 19 June).
The fields were hidden in the forest of Boni. According to the authorities, those responsible for the attacks that caused at least 80 deaths last month, are young Kenyans who were integrated into the ranks of the Somali Shabaab. After the Kenyan army offensive that rejected Shebaab from cities in southern Somalia, these young people returned to Kenya to destabilize the coastal area where different ethnic and religious groups live together. The group can count not only on weapons obtained in Somalia, but even on the perfect knowledge of the ground, and in particular the Boni forest. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 17/07/2014)
- 2015-04-20 - "The real aim of Al Shabaab is to spark religious conflict, let us not fall into that trap", say the Islamic leaders
- 2015-04-16 - "Moving Dadaab Refugee Camp back to Somalia must go hand in hand with allocating more resources to Northern Kenya for it to succeed", says the Bishop of Garissa
- 2015-04-10 - The Bishops: "Who knows must denounce the terrorists; the government has to address the obvious breakdown in the security intelligence system"
- 2015-04-08 - "The Shabaab attack Christians also for people to forget the massacres against Muslims committed by them", says Mgr. Alexander
- 2015-03-11 - AFRICA/KENYA – A study of the Church: the factors of internal conflict
- 2015-03-05 - The Church make uncultivated land available to produce food
- 2015-02-17 - Anti-tetanus vaccine final test: 30% contains birth control factor
- 2015-02-12 - Attorney-General proposes a meeting to review the proposed regulations on religious groups
- 2015-02-06 - "No increase in fees for high schools" says the Church
- 2015-01-20 - Schoolchildren abused of their rights