AFRICA/KENYA - The army have discovered four fields where the perpetrators of the attacks in the coastal region hide
Nairobi (Agenzia Fides) - The Kenyan security forces have found and destroyed four paramilitary fields used by militants who since June have terrorized some villages in the County of Lamu on the coast of Kenya on the border with Somalia (see Fides 16, 17 and 19 June).
The fields were hidden in the forest of Boni. According to the authorities, those responsible for the attacks that caused at least 80 deaths last month, are young Kenyans who were integrated into the ranks of the Somali Shabaab. After the Kenyan army offensive that rejected Shebaab from cities in southern Somalia, these young people returned to Kenya to destabilize the coastal area where different ethnic and religious groups live together. The group can count not only on weapons obtained in Somalia, but even on the perfect knowledge of the ground, and in particular the Boni forest. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 17/07/2014)
- 2014-11-19 - AFRICA/KENYA – Joint tests of Church and State on the tetanus vaccine considered a means of birth control
- 2014-11-11 - The government presents a commission of inquiry on the tetanus vaccination after the protests of the Church
- 2014-11-07 - Bishops reaffirm: "tetanus vaccination is a program of population control in disguise"
- 2014-11-04 - The comfort of the Church for the victims of the attack in the area of Lake Turkana
- 2014-10-17 - The Bishops: "What does the tetanus campaign hide?"
- 2014-09-05 - “Enough violence in northern Kenya!” cry Catholic Bishops
- 2014-09-05 - AFRICA/KENYA – New Rector for St. Matthias Mulumba Major seminary in the diocese of Eldoret
- 2014-09-05 - diocesan Major Seminary in the diocese of Nakuru, appointed.
- 2014-09-04 - AFRICA/KENYA – Rector for St. Thomas Aquinas major seminary in Nairobi appointed
- 2014-07-23 - Works begin on a new center for disabled children in the village of Kandisi