ASIA/CHINA - Formation, communion and sharing: the Catholic community committed to summer camps for children
Shi Jia Zhuang (Agenzia Fides) - Formation of faith, communion and the sharing of faith and life: summer camps promoted by Catholic communities have started, aimed at children and young people.
According to information sent to Fides Agency, a hundred elementary school and secondary school children of the parish of Wu Xi are taking part in the summer camp inaugurated on July 8. Thanks to the efforts of priests, seminarians, nuns and volunteers, during the 10 days of community life, the children have the opportunity to study catechism, sacred music, biblical history, and also do schoolwork. As stated by the priest in charge, "we want to help children to improve their knowledge of faith, their ability to self-management, mutual love and the spirit of collaboration".
The summer camp of the parish of Yi Xing Fu, of the Diocese of Tian Jin, which opened on July 13, is characterized by a peculiarity: it accommodates not only children but also adults, so that "everyone can take advantage of the opportunity to be followers of Jesus".
Three seminarians and nuns of the Diocese of Tai Zhou led about fifty children to live a week of faith and sharing, from July 6 to 13. The Catholic volunteers who dealt with the logistics of the camp gave their contribution in this type of evangelization. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 16/07/2014)
- 2014-09-16 - ASIA/CHINA – Death of Archbishop Giuseppe Wu, zealous shepherd dedicated to formation of seminarians and women religious
- 2014-09-16 - “The mission of priests today”: cultural sharing in Taiwan for a group of priests from He Bei
- 2014-09-06 - Celebration of the sacraments and missionary mandate after Summer catechism courses
- 2014-07-23 - Too much time wasted in front of a computer or on cell phones, too little to read the Bible
- 2014-07-16 - Formation, communion and sharing: the Catholic community committed to summer camps for children
- 2014-06-09 - Baptisms and confirmations on the Solemnity of Pentecost, a new impetus to mission
- 2014-05-26 - 20 000 baptisms celebrated at Easter in the Catholic community in mainland China
- 2014-03-27 - Death of Mgr. Joseph Fan Zhongliang, Bishop of Shanghai: always committed to serving the Church in spite of great difficulties
- 2014-03-27 - The Archdiocese of Xi An makes a pilgrimage to the Marian Shrine of Hu Xian for the Annunciation
- 2014-03-18 - Priests and nuns in the most remote villages to help the faithful live Lent