ASIA/CHINA - Formation, communion and sharing: the Catholic community committed to summer camps for children
Shi Jia Zhuang (Agenzia Fides) - Formation of faith, communion and the sharing of faith and life: summer camps promoted by Catholic communities have started, aimed at children and young people.
According to information sent to Fides Agency, a hundred elementary school and secondary school children of the parish of Wu Xi are taking part in the summer camp inaugurated on July 8. Thanks to the efforts of priests, seminarians, nuns and volunteers, during the 10 days of community life, the children have the opportunity to study catechism, sacred music, biblical history, and also do schoolwork. As stated by the priest in charge, "we want to help children to improve their knowledge of faith, their ability to self-management, mutual love and the spirit of collaboration".
The summer camp of the parish of Yi Xing Fu, of the Diocese of Tian Jin, which opened on July 13, is characterized by a peculiarity: it accommodates not only children but also adults, so that "everyone can take advantage of the opportunity to be followers of Jesus".
Three seminarians and nuns of the Diocese of Tai Zhou led about fifty children to live a week of faith and sharing, from July 6 to 13. The Catholic volunteers who dealt with the logistics of the camp gave their contribution in this type of evangelization. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 16/07/2014)
- 2015-03-04 - The Catholic communities pray for the persecuted Christians in the Middle East and around the world
- 2015-02-21 - ASIA/CHINA – Visits to the elderly and the poor, thanksgiving to God: Chinese Catholics celebrate New Year
- 2015-02-04 - The ancient church of the diocese of Ning Bo will soon return to being the symbol of the city
- 2014-12-12 - "I walk with you": the Catholic community prepares itself for Christmas
- 2014-12-03 - Evangelising with joy: a meeting of sharing, music and prayer
- 2014-12-02 - The Year of Consecrated Life begins: witnesses of hope in the future
- 2014-11-27 - A group of doctors provide free health service in the diocese of Hai Men
- 2014-11-05 - After years of waiting, the small community of Lai Gang has its own chapel
- 2014-10-29 - Christians and make Catholics aware of their missionary responsibility
- 2014-10-08 - Mgr. Giovanni Chrysostom Lan Shi, an apostle of the youth