ASIA/IRAQ - Letter from Patriarch Louis Raphael I to Iraqi Parliament: there is no time to waste
Baghdad (Agenzia Fides) - Since the meetings of the Iraqi parliament convened to form a new government have proven to be a waste of time, Patriarch Louis Raphael I sent a Letter to the Members of Iraqi Parliament. The Patriarch - so says the appeal - adding his "humble voice as Christian religious authority in Iraq" to the voice of all the Muslim authorities, begs them "to accelerate the elections of the three presidencies to save the country from the dangers of and disorganization and loosing" .
The Leader of the Chaldean Church proposes to members of Parliament a short and intense prayer, to be read at the beginning of their meetings, "God - so reads the invocation suggested by the Patriarch - help us that we may use the dialogue between us and that we may understand each other to resolve the misunderstanding between us, far from restriction and sectarianism. God help us to spread the peace and tranquility between our people, so that Iraq may come out from its problem victorious. Amen". (GV) (Agenzia Fides 15/07/2014)
- 2015-05-15 - The Chaldean Patriarch visits Tehran: "The Iranian government supports the people and the government of Iraq"
- 2015-05-04 - Chaldean Patriarch opens discussion on the draft Constitution for the Iraqi Kurdistan Region
- 2015-05-02 - Military offensive to free the province of Nineveh. Chaldean priest: "Christians want to return to their homes"
- 2015-04-13 - Northern Iraq's displaced get own radio station
- 2015-03-30 - The Chaldean Church participates in the mourning for the death of Assyrian Patriarch Mar Dinkha IV
- 2015-03-28 - Chaldean Patriarch to the UN: the "Arab Spring" impacted negatively on Christians
- 2015-03-16 - Chaldean Patriarch: a law against preachers who incite violence is needed
- 2015-03-12 - The monastery of St. George in Mosul damaged, but not destroyed
- 2015-03-10 - Appeal of the Chaldean Patriarch: the offensive against the Caliphate causes new humanitarian emergencies
- 2015-02-24 - ASIA/IRAQ – Courses to start soon at Erbil Catholic University