ASIA/IRAQ - Letter from Patriarch Louis Raphael I to Iraqi Parliament: there is no time to waste
Baghdad (Agenzia Fides) - Since the meetings of the Iraqi parliament convened to form a new government have proven to be a waste of time, Patriarch Louis Raphael I sent a Letter to the Members of Iraqi Parliament. The Patriarch - so says the appeal - adding his "humble voice as Christian religious authority in Iraq" to the voice of all the Muslim authorities, begs them "to accelerate the elections of the three presidencies to save the country from the dangers of and disorganization and loosing" .
The Leader of the Chaldean Church proposes to members of Parliament a short and intense prayer, to be read at the beginning of their meetings, "God - so reads the invocation suggested by the Patriarch - help us that we may use the dialogue between us and that we may understand each other to resolve the misunderstanding between us, far from restriction and sectarianism. God help us to spread the peace and tranquility between our people, so that Iraq may come out from its problem victorious. Amen". (GV) (Agenzia Fides 15/07/2014)
- 2014-09-13 - The school year in the Islamic Caliphate: the teaching of Syriac and Christian names of schools have been abolished
- 2014-09-11 - ASIA/IRAQ – Air raids hit areas adjacent to two churches in Mosul
- 2014-09-10 - Syrian Catholic priest says: Christians will return to the Plain of Ninive only when and if Mosul is freed
- 2014-09-05 - Head of Caritas Lebanon: we welcome Iraqi Christian refugees, but they are determined to leave the Middle East
- 2014-09-04 - Chaldean Catholic Patriarch: to free Ninive province we need a peacekeeping operation and Christians enrolled in local police force
- 2014-08-22 - Cardinal Fernando Filoni: my mission among the sufferings of the Iraqi brothers
- 2014-08-20 - Barzani: ready to arm Christian volunteers
- 2014-07-31 - Mosul, signs of revolt against the "Islamic Caliphate". Bishop Nona: So far no church has been destroyed
- 2014-07-26 - ASIA/IRAQ – Pope Francis calls the Chaldean Patriarch. Rumors about the destruction of churches in Mosul have been denied
- 2014-07-23 - Iraqi Bishops appeal to the Prime Minister and the government: "stop the catastrophe"