AMERICA/VENEZUELA - "It is impossible to find a solution if you do not listen to the people", say the Bishops
Caracas (Agenzia Fides) - "It is impossible to find solutions to problems if you do not listen, if you do not solve the root causes of the protests", says the Pastoral Exhortation "We share the comfort we receive from God", published at the end of the plenary Assembly of the Episcopal Conference of Venezuela.
The document was presented yesterday, July 11, by Mgr. Manuel Felipe Díaz Sánchez, Archbishop of Calabozo, who recalled some serious social problems in the Country.
A note sent to Fides reports that the document is intended to highlight the Church's concern regarding the problems of the population, that directly affect the pastoral action of the Church. The Bishops point out, finally, that "the work of pastors is to build bridges in order to promote contact between opponents and promote the reconciliation of our people, a people fractured and divided by ideologies". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 12/07/2014)
- 2015-06-22 - Hunger strike in 12 states for political prisoners, the Church has been asked to intervene
- 2015-06-19 - "They have our support": Mgr. Conde receives young people on hunger strike and writes to the Pope
- 2015-06-05 - Appeal to the authorities in favor of protesters on hunger strike
- 2015-06-03 - The Church calls on the authorities to respond to the students on hunger strike
- 2015-05-30 - Six young people on hunger strike in a church in Caracas
- 2015-05-19 - Casa-Hogar "Padre Machado" in El Valle occupied with violence for a few hours
- 2015-03-03 - Classes suspended in the University of Tachira, false accusations made against the Catholic University
- 2015-02-27 - The Bishops: "Stop murderous violence!"
- 2015-02-25 - More violence and protests: 6 dead in six days of demonstrations
- 2015-02-24 - Growing tension in the capital, Cardinal Urosa denounces murder of 3 students