AMERICA/VENEZUELA - "It is impossible to find a solution if you do not listen to the people", say the Bishops
Caracas (Agenzia Fides) - "It is impossible to find solutions to problems if you do not listen, if you do not solve the root causes of the protests", says the Pastoral Exhortation "We share the comfort we receive from God", published at the end of the plenary Assembly of the Episcopal Conference of Venezuela.
The document was presented yesterday, July 11, by Mgr. Manuel Felipe Díaz Sánchez, Archbishop of Calabozo, who recalled some serious social problems in the Country.
A note sent to Fides reports that the document is intended to highlight the Church's concern regarding the problems of the population, that directly affect the pastoral action of the Church. The Bishops point out, finally, that "the work of pastors is to build bridges in order to promote contact between opponents and promote the reconciliation of our people, a people fractured and divided by ideologies". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 12/07/2014)
- 2015-08-12 - No social communications no democracy Bishop Lückert León speaks about the media
- 2015-08-11 - Drugs are lacking in the country, some use those for animals
- 2015-08-07 - There are 10,000 participants attending the III Youth National Meeting
- 2015-08-06 - National meeting among the indigenous communities for the protection of human rights
- 2015-07-21 - The body of a Franciscan who died a few days has been found
- 2015-07-20 - Games, songs, dances: a feast to celebrate children
- 2015-07-10 - Catholic Bishops: "The Christian experience must have social consequences"
- 2015-07-07 - Mgr. Padrón: "Corruption, repression, popular discontent characterize the present"
- 2015-07-06 - 35,000 people have been isolated due to floods, other 25,000 at risk
- 2015-06-22 - Hunger strike in 12 states for political prisoners, the Church has been asked to intervene