AMERICA/VENEZUELA - "It is impossible to find a solution if you do not listen to the people", say the Bishops
Caracas (Agenzia Fides) - "It is impossible to find solutions to problems if you do not listen, if you do not solve the root causes of the protests", says the Pastoral Exhortation "We share the comfort we receive from God", published at the end of the plenary Assembly of the Episcopal Conference of Venezuela.
The document was presented yesterday, July 11, by Mgr. Manuel Felipe Díaz Sánchez, Archbishop of Calabozo, who recalled some serious social problems in the Country.
A note sent to Fides reports that the document is intended to highlight the Church's concern regarding the problems of the population, that directly affect the pastoral action of the Church. The Bishops point out, finally, that "the work of pastors is to build bridges in order to promote contact between opponents and promote the reconciliation of our people, a people fractured and divided by ideologies". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 12/07/2014)
- 2015-01-31 - Four churches attacked in Mérida
- 2015-01-30 - Mgr. Parra robbed during a parish meeting: "Money is spent on many things, but not on safety"
- 2015-01-13 - Dialogue to end the crisis: the exhortation of the Episcopal Conference
- 2015-01-12 - Shops are empty: Cardinal Urosa calls on the government to act quickly and urges to remain calm
- 2015-01-08 - AMERICA/VENEZUELA – Assembly of Bishops: dialogue to end the crisis and the necessity to find agreed solutions
- 2014-12-06 - Poverty, few infrastructures and precarious preventive measures: fertile terrain for Chikungunya virus
- 2014-10-28 - Cardinal Urosa Savino: "Respect for political prisoners"
- 2014-10-21 - AMERICA/VENEZUELA – May Saint John Paul II accompany Venezuela in the paths of peace and justice
- 2014-10-01 - "Division is not from God": in march for peace and unity of the country
- 2014-09-30 - Violence in the country does not decrease: a military chaplain killed