ASIA/LEBANON - Patriarch Rai to Lebanese missionaries: the Arab world needs the Gospel
Diman (Agenzia Fides) - The Arab world "needs the Gospel and its teachings: those of love, brotherhood, peace, forgiveness and reconciliation". This is what the Patriarch of Antioch of the Maronites, Bechara Boutros Rai, said to a delegation of Maronite Missionaries that he received on Wednesday, July 9 at the patriarchal summer residence in Diman. The group of missionaries was led by Fr. Abu Malek Tanos, of the Congregation of the Lebanese Maronite Missionaries.
"In these times", the Patriarch said, referring to the difficulties and conflicts in the Middle East, "we unfortunately live in a culture contrary to the teachings of God. War, violence, terrorism, murder and hatred is what prevails". But faed with this reality, according to the Leader of the Maronite Church, "we cannot remain in inertia. On the contrary, we must increase our activities and increase our hope".The troubled condition prevailing in the Middle East 'must not distract our attention from our task". "We must remind everyone that Christians are here to spread the culture of the Bible". "There is no Arab spring without a Christian spring", said Patriarch Rai, "and there is no Arab spring without a Lebanese spring". (GV) (Agenzia Fides 10/07/2014)
- 2014-07-28 - Patriarch Rai: The new President should not be linked to the two "blocks"
- 2014-07-10 - Patriarch Rai to Lebanese missionaries: the Arab world needs the Gospel
- 2014-07-07 - Patriarch Rai: the existence of Lebanon at risk
- 2014-06-20 - The Maronite Bishops: who boycots Parliament sessions to elect a new president places the Country at risk
- 2014-06-12 - The annual Synod of the Maronite Church has begun. Patriarch Rai: let us pray so that a new President is elected
- 2014-06-03 - Orthodox Patriarch Yohanna X announces the Conference of the Church of Antioch
- 2014-05-14 - Grand Mufti Qabbani proposes a new "pact" between Muslims and Christians in the Middle East
- 2014-05-12 - Patriarch Rai on the presidential elections: a power vacuum would erase the role of Christians
- 2014-04-11 - Neither Geagea, nor Aoun. For Patriarch Rai the new President must be a "figure of consensus"
- 2014-04-10 - The president of Caritas Lebanon: the international community has to open refugee camps in Syria