ASIA/LEBANON - Patriarch Rai to Lebanese missionaries: the Arab world needs the Gospel
Diman (Agenzia Fides) - The Arab world "needs the Gospel and its teachings: those of love, brotherhood, peace, forgiveness and reconciliation". This is what the Patriarch of Antioch of the Maronites, Bechara Boutros Rai, said to a delegation of Maronite Missionaries that he received on Wednesday, July 9 at the patriarchal summer residence in Diman. The group of missionaries was led by Fr. Abu Malek Tanos, of the Congregation of the Lebanese Maronite Missionaries.
"In these times", the Patriarch said, referring to the difficulties and conflicts in the Middle East, "we unfortunately live in a culture contrary to the teachings of God. War, violence, terrorism, murder and hatred is what prevails". But faed with this reality, according to the Leader of the Maronite Church, "we cannot remain in inertia. On the contrary, we must increase our activities and increase our hope".The troubled condition prevailing in the Middle East 'must not distract our attention from our task". "We must remind everyone that Christians are here to spread the culture of the Bible". "There is no Arab spring without a Christian spring", said Patriarch Rai, "and there is no Arab spring without a Lebanese spring". (GV) (Agenzia Fides 10/07/2014)
- 2015-01-28 - The Patriarchs of Antioch: in order to stop the conflict, arms trafficking must be stopped
- 2015-01-19 - Patriarch Rai: also poverty destabilizes the Middle East
- 2015-01-15 - Maronite League: a UN resolution against the attacks on religions is needed
- 2015-01-14 - Frost and snow: first victims due to frostbite among the Syrian refugees
- 2015-01-08 - Maronite Bishops to MPs: elect the new President as soon as possible
- 2014-12-30 - Hypothesis of a meeting Aoun-Geagea to overcome divisions among political Christian forces
- 2014-12-19 - Appeal of the Chaldean Bishop of Beirut for displaced Iraqi Christians
- 2014-12-11 - The Syro-Catholic Bishops: let us apply the principles of the "Declaration of al-Azhar"
- 2014-12-10 - Patriarch Ignace Yussif III at the Synod of the Syro- Catholic Church: let us help to grasp the "signs of the times"
- 2014-12-04 - Maronite Bishops: they are turning the country into an oligarchy, at the expense of the Constitution, the people and the institutions