AMERICA/COLOMBIA - The new President of the Episcopate reiterates that peace is the great challenge of the country
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - The Archbishop of Tunja, His Exc. Mgr. Luis Augusto Castro Quiroga, IMC, has been elected President of the Colombian Episcopal Conference (CEC). The new President met with representatives of the media and wanted to express his commitment for peace in Colombia, the great challenge of the country.
"Guerrillas should ask for forgiveness, but true forgiveness", said Mgr. Castro Quiroga, according to the note sent to Fides by the CEC, pointing out that the guerrillas "have to respond to justice" for their actions. The new President of the Episcopal Conference also considers peace talks underway in Havana positive. In this context, he called on the FARC and ELN to translate the desire for dialogue in concrete commitment. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 10/07/2014)
- 2015-07-30 - Updated Spanish version of the New Testament
- 2015-07-16 - AMERICA/COLOMBIA – Priest murdered in the sacristy as he was about to celebrate mass
- 2015-07-13 - Once the peace agreement is signed, the real challenge of the government will be how to handle the situation
- 2015-07-09 - "The peace process is alive", said Mgr. Castro Quiroga; letter of the religious leaders
- 2015-06-24 - Latin American Religious give their full support and unreserved commitment for Peace in Colombia
- 2015-06-17 - Silent march in Tumaco: after 60 years of violence it is now time to form "a truly civilized society"
- 2015-06-10 - The inhabitants of port of Buenaventura subjected to "collective torture"
- 2015-06-09 - Human trafficking, new areopagus of consecrated life in Latin America
- 2015-05-26 - "Stop deaths! An agreement has to be reached as soon as possible", asks Cardinal Salazar Gómez
- 2015-05-22 - In the tragedy a light of life: the funeral of 33 of the 84 deaths due to the landslide in Salgar