AMERICA/COLOMBIA - The new President of the Episcopate reiterates that peace is the great challenge of the country
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - The Archbishop of Tunja, His Exc. Mgr. Luis Augusto Castro Quiroga, IMC, has been elected President of the Colombian Episcopal Conference (CEC). The new President met with representatives of the media and wanted to express his commitment for peace in Colombia, the great challenge of the country.
"Guerrillas should ask for forgiveness, but true forgiveness", said Mgr. Castro Quiroga, according to the note sent to Fides by the CEC, pointing out that the guerrillas "have to respond to justice" for their actions. The new President of the Episcopal Conference also considers peace talks underway in Havana positive. In this context, he called on the FARC and ELN to translate the desire for dialogue in concrete commitment. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 10/07/2014)
- 2015-03-25 - Concern of the Church: peace talks must continue
- 2015-03-23 - A priest killed after a violent attempted robbery
- 2015-03-18 - Elections: the Archbishop of Medellin urges the socio-political formation of the community
- 2015-03-10 - "Weapons, from security to threat for the family, must be eliminated" asks the Archbishop of Medellin
- 2015-03-04 - Meeting of Bishops Emeritus
- 2015-03-02 - Testimony of Mgr. Vidal: "Promises arrive in Cúcuta, never decisions"
- 2015-02-21 - Lent: multimedia “On the way to Easter”
- 2015-02-10 - The proposal of the FARC divides public opinion
- 2015-01-29 - Nearly 50 000 children victims of homicide because of armed conflict
- 2015-01-26 - We need leaders who are committed and not "deaf and dumb authorities" says Mgr. Epalza