AMERICA/COLOMBIA - The new President of the Episcopate reiterates that peace is the great challenge of the country
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - The Archbishop of Tunja, His Exc. Mgr. Luis Augusto Castro Quiroga, IMC, has been elected President of the Colombian Episcopal Conference (CEC). The new President met with representatives of the media and wanted to express his commitment for peace in Colombia, the great challenge of the country.
"Guerrillas should ask for forgiveness, but true forgiveness", said Mgr. Castro Quiroga, according to the note sent to Fides by the CEC, pointing out that the guerrillas "have to respond to justice" for their actions. The new President of the Episcopal Conference also considers peace talks underway in Havana positive. In this context, he called on the FARC and ELN to translate the desire for dialogue in concrete commitment. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 10/07/2014)
- 2014-07-11 - After the Bishops also international organizations denounce the serious situation in Chocò
- 2014-07-10 - The new President of the Episcopate reiterates that peace is the great challenge of the country
- 2014-07-09 - In the region of Chocò: "We are forgotten by all, we have no protection, people live in anguish"
- 2014-07-05 - The Assembly of Bishops begins: Analysis of social reality and new directives
- 2014-07-03 - Historic meeting between religious communities for peace in the country
- 2014-06-28 - AMERICA/COLOMBIA – IDPs are increasing: the Church appeals to the authorities to resolve the crisis
- 2014-06-27 - The Church with regards to peace talks: Consider the pain of the victims
- 2014-06-20 - "The Church has helped me to find a land": in Colombia 5.5 million internally displaced persons
- 2014-06-14 - off in Colombia, the Church calls for dialogue and mutual respect
- 2014-06-09 - "The reality of Buenaventura is still critical" denounces Mgr. Epalza