AMERICA/COLOMBIA - The new President of the Episcopate reiterates that peace is the great challenge of the country
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - The Archbishop of Tunja, His Exc. Mgr. Luis Augusto Castro Quiroga, IMC, has been elected President of the Colombian Episcopal Conference (CEC). The new President met with representatives of the media and wanted to express his commitment for peace in Colombia, the great challenge of the country.
"Guerrillas should ask for forgiveness, but true forgiveness", said Mgr. Castro Quiroga, according to the note sent to Fides by the CEC, pointing out that the guerrillas "have to respond to justice" for their actions. The new President of the Episcopal Conference also considers peace talks underway in Havana positive. In this context, he called on the FARC and ELN to translate the desire for dialogue in concrete commitment. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 10/07/2014)
- 2014-12-18 - For Mgr. Falla Robles: "The unilateral cease-fire should take place without any conditions"
- 2014-12-13 - SOS of the Bishop on the proliferation of dengue fever
- 2014-12-05 - Peace talks resume December 10
- 2014-12-02 - Satisfaction for the release of the General, but it is necessary to resume talks for a definite peace
- 2014-12-01 - Children are half of the victims of landmines and prohibited explosive devices
- 2014-11-29 - Observatory for Reconciliation and Peace is created
- 2014-11-27 - Hunger and chronic malnutrition cause the death of a child every 33 hours
- 2014-11-26 - Sexual violence on women: a forgotten medical emergency
- 2014-11-26 - Peace talks in Cuba must continue
- 2014-11-21 - The request to continue peace talks: "Do not destroy the hope of Colombians"