AMERICA/MEXICO – Inauguration of a reception center, but the issue on migrants should be resolved at the root
Tamaulipas (Agenzia Fides) - "The phenomenon of migration can be addressed and resolved at the root only when the causes that force men, women and children to leave their countries in search of the 'American dream' are dealt with: reflection and interventions today must go beyond mere material aid or a better treatment of migrants". This is what the Bishop of the Diocese of Matamoros, His Exc. Mgr. Ruy Rendón Leal said during the inauguration of the "Holy Trinity House of the indigent" in Reynosa (Tamaulipas).
As reported in a note sent to Fides, the Bishop of Matamoros said that "economic injustice and social inequality in our Latin American countries are the main causes of this migration. In fact, families do not find the basic conditions to meet the basic needs of life in their countries of origin". According to the Bishop "it is necessary to ensure better economic and working conditions: many times big multinational companies come to our country to seek only labor at low cost. But wages should be fair". Mgr. Rendón Leal concluded by stressing that this phenomenon of migration "has become a general problem in Central America: we are all involved and impressed to see how many children try to cross the border to go to the United States". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/07/2014)
- 2014-07-15 - The solution to the problem of emigration passes through cultural and social conversion
- 2014-07-15 - Bishop Aguilar’s appeal : "Migrant children are not intruders or invaders"
- 2014-07-14 - Cardinal Parolin, Vatican's Secretary of State, in Mexico for the emergency regarding emigration
- 2014-07-11 - The Central American Church's commitment to eradicate the causes of child emigration
- 2014-07-07 - More than 8 million indigenous women suffer physical and moral violence
- 2014-07-04 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Inauguration of a reception center, but the issue on migrants should be resolved at the root
- 2014-07-03 - Formation and spirituality for a missionary Church, engaged in society
- 2014-07-02 - Immigrant children: now even more controls on the southern border of Mexico
- 2014-07-01 - Despite the distrust of the population, the police fight against crime
- 2014-06-30 - Marijuana and cocaine as early as 12 years of age