AMERICA/MEXICO – Inauguration of a reception center, but the issue on migrants should be resolved at the root
Tamaulipas (Agenzia Fides) - "The phenomenon of migration can be addressed and resolved at the root only when the causes that force men, women and children to leave their countries in search of the 'American dream' are dealt with: reflection and interventions today must go beyond mere material aid or a better treatment of migrants". This is what the Bishop of the Diocese of Matamoros, His Exc. Mgr. Ruy Rendón Leal said during the inauguration of the "Holy Trinity House of the indigent" in Reynosa (Tamaulipas).
As reported in a note sent to Fides, the Bishop of Matamoros said that "economic injustice and social inequality in our Latin American countries are the main causes of this migration. In fact, families do not find the basic conditions to meet the basic needs of life in their countries of origin". According to the Bishop "it is necessary to ensure better economic and working conditions: many times big multinational companies come to our country to seek only labor at low cost. But wages should be fair". Mgr. Rendón Leal concluded by stressing that this phenomenon of migration "has become a general problem in Central America: we are all involved and impressed to see how many children try to cross the border to go to the United States". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/07/2014)
AMERICA/MEXICO – INAUGURATION OF A RECEPTION CENTER, BUT THE ISSUE ON MIGRANTS SHOULD BE RESOLVED AT THE ROOT
- 2015-08-03 - Solidarity Prize: Spanish Bishops in favour of Las Patronas candidature
- 2015-07-27 - Mariachi Zombie: amusing animated television series discredits bad zombie myth
- 2015-07-22 - Truth, justice, forgiveness and reconciliation: the pillars of peace promoted by the Church
- 2015-07-20 - Young Chiapas form an orchestra with pre-Hispanic instruments
- 2015-07-14 - Bishops on the escape of El Chapo, "we are not naive, we must eradicate corruption"
- 2015-07-13 - "Corruption spreads when transparency remains only good intentions": the Catholic voice before the scandals
- 2015-07-02 - A recreational project for indigenous children of different ethnicities
- 2015-07-02 - Widespread violence does not spare even three elderly nuns
- 2015-06-25 - Periodic monitoring of the situation of migrants, joint efforts of government and Church
- 2015-06-15 - Bishop of Mazatlan’s appeal after the violence perpetrated during the weekend