AMERICA/MEXICO – Inauguration of a reception center, but the issue on migrants should be resolved at the root
Tamaulipas (Agenzia Fides) - "The phenomenon of migration can be addressed and resolved at the root only when the causes that force men, women and children to leave their countries in search of the 'American dream' are dealt with: reflection and interventions today must go beyond mere material aid or a better treatment of migrants". This is what the Bishop of the Diocese of Matamoros, His Exc. Mgr. Ruy Rendón Leal said during the inauguration of the "Holy Trinity House of the indigent" in Reynosa (Tamaulipas).
As reported in a note sent to Fides, the Bishop of Matamoros said that "economic injustice and social inequality in our Latin American countries are the main causes of this migration. In fact, families do not find the basic conditions to meet the basic needs of life in their countries of origin". According to the Bishop "it is necessary to ensure better economic and working conditions: many times big multinational companies come to our country to seek only labor at low cost. But wages should be fair". Mgr. Rendón Leal concluded by stressing that this phenomenon of migration "has become a general problem in Central America: we are all involved and impressed to see how many children try to cross the border to go to the United States". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/07/2014)
AMERICA/MEXICO – INAUGURATION OF A RECEPTION CENTER, BUT THE ISSUE ON MIGRANTS SHOULD BE RESOLVED AT THE ROOT
- 2014-11-28 - From the first Sunday of Advent: Twelve Days of Prayer for Peace
- 2014-11-15 - A Comboni missionary found dead in a mass grave, among other bodies
- 2014-11-13 - Mexican Bishops: "We do not want more blood, people killed or who disappear ... Enough!"
- 2014-11-11 - Show all the corruption and lies of those who have turned away from God and from the truth
- 2014-11-10 - The Bishops' appeal: "No more corruption and violence! Thorough investigation is needed"
- 2014-11-10 - The poor and the marginalized become producers of their food
- 2014-11-06 - Ecumenical Initiative: 43 hours of fasting and prayer for the 43 students of Ayotzinapa
- 2014-11-03 - The Bishops to the families of the students missing: "Hope pushes to keep fighting"
- 2014-10-30 - The families of the students who disappeared will be received by the President, Pope Francis asks for prayers
- 2014-10-27 - Living Rosary: 30 thousand faithful pray for drug traffickers and organized crime