AMERICA/MEXICO – Inauguration of a reception center, but the issue on migrants should be resolved at the root
Tamaulipas (Agenzia Fides) - "The phenomenon of migration can be addressed and resolved at the root only when the causes that force men, women and children to leave their countries in search of the 'American dream' are dealt with: reflection and interventions today must go beyond mere material aid or a better treatment of migrants". This is what the Bishop of the Diocese of Matamoros, His Exc. Mgr. Ruy Rendón Leal said during the inauguration of the "Holy Trinity House of the indigent" in Reynosa (Tamaulipas).
As reported in a note sent to Fides, the Bishop of Matamoros said that "economic injustice and social inequality in our Latin American countries are the main causes of this migration. In fact, families do not find the basic conditions to meet the basic needs of life in their countries of origin". According to the Bishop "it is necessary to ensure better economic and working conditions: many times big multinational companies come to our country to seek only labor at low cost. But wages should be fair". Mgr. Rendón Leal concluded by stressing that this phenomenon of migration "has become a general problem in Central America: we are all involved and impressed to see how many children try to cross the border to go to the United States". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/07/2014)
AMERICA/MEXICO – INAUGURATION OF A RECEPTION CENTER, BUT THE ISSUE ON MIGRANTS SHOULD BE RESOLVED AT THE ROOT
- 2015-04-21 - Consecration of the Bishop of Orizaba: active participation of the indigenous community in Náhuatl language
- 2015-04-20 - Every day two thousand weapons smuggled into Mexico from the United States
- 2015-04-17 - The Assembly of Bishops: "Without trust and participation we cannot go forth!"
- 2015-04-15 - Every year thousands of children are born on the street, at home or in situations considered at high risk
- 2015-04-14 - Meeting between the Church and those responsible of the elections: no to boycott
- 2015-04-09 - Another priest killed
- 2015-03-31 - The denunciation of the Bishop of Piedras Negras: Too many missing persons of whom we know nothing
- 2015-03-23 - Caritas supports 80 thousand people without food or health care
- 2015-02-27 - The number of child laborers, exploited and often unpaid continues to increase
- 2015-02-27 - 5 months after the death of the students of Ayotzinapa: a calm but critical attitude