AMERICA/HONDURAS - Campaign in schools in favor of children on the issue of responsibility
San Pedro Sula (Agenzia Fides) - Even this year, the Catholic Church of San Pedro Sula has launched the campaign for Children 2014 in all educational institutes in the city. This is the 36th edition and has the theme of "responsibility". In the opening press conference, His Exc. Mgr. Angel Garachana, Bishop of San Pedro Sula, gave details about the event as well as explaining the reason for the choice of the theme. Approximately 150 thousand small venues, different schools, will receive messages, share lessons and texts in this regard. Last year’s theme was forgiveness. The campaign is national, the 300 thousand pupils involved come from different parts of the country. In order for the campaign to be successful, even teachers and members of the parish need to be involved. The message is also addressed to all parents in order to promote a sense of responsibility in their respective families. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 02/07/2014)
- 2015-07-17 - Sexual abuse on children have repercussions in adulthood
- 2015-07-15 - A new ward for children suffering from dengue and chikungunya
- 2015-07-15 - Campaign of the diocese of San Pedro Sula: "An honest man is not corrupt"
- 2015-07-06 - Still demonstrations against corruption, while other scandals come to light
- 2015-07-03 - The Bishops offer their support to dialogue for social peace
- 2015-06-27 - The Church: "politics without corruption"
- 2015-05-21 - "With courage and more faith": Danilo Aceituno lived at the service of God and of the Church
- 2015-03-25 - Minors exploited and underpaid
- 2015-03-03 - There are 6000 teachers: one million children do not go to school
- 2015-02-03 - Card. Maradiaga supports the "Plan de la Alianza para la Prosperidad"