AMERICA/HONDURAS - Campaign in schools in favor of children on the issue of responsibility
San Pedro Sula (Agenzia Fides) - Even this year, the Catholic Church of San Pedro Sula has launched the campaign for Children 2014 in all educational institutes in the city. This is the 36th edition and has the theme of "responsibility". In the opening press conference, His Exc. Mgr. Angel Garachana, Bishop of San Pedro Sula, gave details about the event as well as explaining the reason for the choice of the theme. Approximately 150 thousand small venues, different schools, will receive messages, share lessons and texts in this regard. Last year’s theme was forgiveness. The campaign is national, the 300 thousand pupils involved come from different parts of the country. In order for the campaign to be successful, even teachers and members of the parish need to be involved. The message is also addressed to all parents in order to promote a sense of responsibility in their respective families. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 02/07/2014)
- 2015-06-27 - The Church: "politics without corruption"
- 2015-05-21 - "With courage and more faith": Danilo Aceituno lived at the service of God and of the Church
- 2015-03-25 - Minors exploited and underpaid
- 2015-03-03 - There are 6000 teachers: one million children do not go to school
- 2015-02-03 - Card. Maradiaga supports the "Plan de la Alianza para la Prosperidad"
- 2015-01-15 - Over 3000 child beggars on the streets of big cities
- 2014-12-29 - Violence continues to affect mainly children and adolescents
- 2014-11-27 - Violence against women decreases, but there is still an impressive number of cases
- 2014-10-23 - A new location of the detention center in San Pedro Sula for the sake of prisoners
- 2014-10-22 - The right to food for 700,000 people suffering hunger: it is not food that is lacking, but justice