AMERICA/COLOMBIA - The Church with regards to peace talks: Consider the pain of the victims
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - At the conclusion of a meeting of the National Conciliation Commission (CCN), which is led by the Catholic Church, His Exc. Mgr. José Daniel Falla Robles, Auxiliary Bishop of Cali and Secretary General of the Episcopal Conference of Colombia (CEC), has launched an appeal so that the peace talks being held in Havana, Cuba, take account of all the victims, ensuring fair compensation.
"It is easy to decide policies and agreements without looking at the person, but the key is the pain of the person. Who has carried out some act of terrorism must understand the pain he has caused (...), every act is of great social responsibility" said Mgr. Falla, according to the note sent to Fides. "I launch an appeal so one takes into account all those who suffer and are yearning for a reconciled nation", said the Archbishop. "The best thing for our country is to lay down arms and begin to build peace, and there must be greater transparency ans sincerity".
The Vice President of the current Government of Colombia, Angelino Garzon, who participated in this meeting invited by the CCN, speaking to the press said: "We all have to listen to this third voice which is so authoritative, as it is the voice of the Catholic Church and the CCN, because the country needs proposals for dialogue and national reconciliation".
The Catholic Church has become the voice of reference of the national community as regards to the defense of those suffering and the victims of this fratricidal war. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 27/06/2014)
- 2015-04-16 - Eleven soldiers killed, the Church asks for a definitive cease-fire
- 2015-04-01 - Special care for children infected with chikungunya
- 2015-03-30 - Joy in the suffering: Sincelejo welcomes the new Bishop remembering the pastor killed
- 2015-03-25 - Concern of the Church: peace talks must continue
- 2015-03-23 - A priest killed after a violent attempted robbery
- 2015-03-18 - Elections: the Archbishop of Medellin urges the socio-political formation of the community
- 2015-03-10 - "Weapons, from security to threat for the family, must be eliminated" asks the Archbishop of Medellin
- 2015-03-04 - Meeting of Bishops Emeritus
- 2015-03-02 - Testimony of Mgr. Vidal: "Promises arrive in Cúcuta, never decisions"
- 2015-02-21 - Lent: multimedia “On the way to Easter”