ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - The Asian Bishops: "The Pope with our young people: an event of grace"
Seoul (Agenzia Fides) - "It is the first time a Pope participates in the Asian Youth Day (AYD, Asian Youth Day): the event will to be held from 10-17 August in Daejeon, South Korea. The Pope's presence will certainly be an event of grace and joy!": This is what the Bishop Joel Bylon, of the Philippine Diocese of Legazpi, head of the Youth Ministry in the Office for the laity and the family within the "Federation of Asian Bishops' Conferences" (FABC) says in a message sent to Fides Agency. The Pope will meet the young on August 15 and will celebrate the closing Mass of the event on August 17.
Bishop Bylon adds: "You do not have to be pilgrims during AYD to benefit from the grace that the meeting brings. Every person who welcomes the spirit of the Day in his conscious and will wait with filial devotion Pope Francis’ message will be able to live Asian Youth Day, also in his nation, as a profoundly significant experience at a spiritual level". The FABC representative concludes: "Each of us, young or old, is called to be a missionary of the Gospel, to proclaim the truth and to witness the love of God to the world, as the Pope says in the exhortation Evangelii Gaudium. We pray for the success of this Day, so that it may bear much fruit, and for the first visit of Pope Francis in Asia". (PA) (Agenzia Fides 27/06/2014)
- 2015-07-24 - ASIA/KOREA – Appointment of Auxiliary Bishop of Suwon
- 2015-06-23 - A new United Nations Office for Human Rights focused on North Korea, opens in Seoul
- 2015-06-19 - Prayer and fasting for peace and reconciliation in Korea
- 2015-04-10 - From the disaster in Sewol, a seed of peace and resurrection
- 2015-03-11 - Bishops: "Be a poor Church for the poor"
- 2014-11-12 - Catholic students: bring the message of Christ in schools and universities
- 2014-11-03 - The Church encourages the Small Christian communities to strengthen their faith and to proclaim the Gospel
- 2014-09-02 - ASIA/SOUTH KOREA – A missionary says “thank you Pope Francis: now it is up to us”
- 2014-08-18 - The Bishops: "The hug towards the disabled: the most significant moment of the Pope's visit"
- 2014-07-14 - The site of the Pope's trip to Korea is online