AMERICA/BRAZIL - "Mission to relieve" the missionary campaign against human trafficking in persons
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - "Mission to relieve" is the theme of the Missionary Campaign 2014 which will be held during the month of October in Brazil. As highlighted in the note sent to Fides by the PMS in Brazil, "the theme emerges today as a great challenge for the mission", said Father Camilo Pauletti, National Director of the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) in this country.
The biblical passage that inspired the choice of the theme, "Mission to relieve" and the slogan "He has sent me to proclaim liberty" is taken from the Gospel of Luke (Lk 4:18), when in the synagogue in Nazareth, Jesus begins his ministry recalling the prophecy of Isaiah. "The mission of the Messiah is given by the God of life and therefore brings liberation to those who suffer from some form of slavery. Today, Jesus challenges us to take on the same mission", explains Fr. Pauletti.
The Missionary Campaign 2014 wants to draw attention to slavery and human trafficking in its various forms: exploitation in the workplace; sexual exploitation; trafficking in organs; trafficking of children for adoption. The PMS Brazil have the responsibility to organize, every year, the Missionary Campaign in collaboration with the Episcopal Conference (CNBB), through the Committee for Missionary Action and Interecclesial Cooperation, the Commission for the Amazon and other organizations that form the National Missionary Council (COMINA). (CE) (Agenzia Fides 24/06/2014)
- 2015-11-25 - National school feeding program to improve the living conditions of children and farmers
- 2015-11-23 - The presence of foreign missionaries enriches the Church in Brazil
- 2015-11-13 - Two more religious missionary nuns sent to Haiti: they will help children, youth and families
- 2015-10-30 - Bishops' message: Crisis in the country worsens, dialogue and democracy are needed
- 2015-10-20 - "Scalabrinian Mission": opening of a new reception center for refugees in Sao Paulo
- 2015-10-14 - "The wealth of Brazil should be better distributed" asks Mgr. Nicioli
- 2015-10-10 - The Church: it is urgent to save abandoned children and adolescents who have disappeared
- 2015-09-16 - "How many people have to die before they have justice?", since 1983 at least 50 indigenous leaders have been killed
- 2015-09-15 - Preparation for World Mission Sunday 2015 begins
- 2015-09-14 - Early Marriages: still half a million young newlyweds between 15 to 17 years of age