AMERICA/BRAZIL - "Mission to relieve" the missionary campaign against human trafficking in persons
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - "Mission to relieve" is the theme of the Missionary Campaign 2014 which will be held during the month of October in Brazil. As highlighted in the note sent to Fides by the PMS in Brazil, "the theme emerges today as a great challenge for the mission", said Father Camilo Pauletti, National Director of the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) in this country.
The biblical passage that inspired the choice of the theme, "Mission to relieve" and the slogan "He has sent me to proclaim liberty" is taken from the Gospel of Luke (Lk 4:18), when in the synagogue in Nazareth, Jesus begins his ministry recalling the prophecy of Isaiah. "The mission of the Messiah is given by the God of life and therefore brings liberation to those who suffer from some form of slavery. Today, Jesus challenges us to take on the same mission", explains Fr. Pauletti.
The Missionary Campaign 2014 wants to draw attention to slavery and human trafficking in its various forms: exploitation in the workplace; sexual exploitation; trafficking in organs; trafficking of children for adoption. The PMS Brazil have the responsibility to organize, every year, the Missionary Campaign in collaboration with the Episcopal Conference (CNBB), through the Committee for Missionary Action and Interecclesial Cooperation, the Commission for the Amazon and other organizations that form the National Missionary Council (COMINA). (CE) (Agenzia Fides 24/06/2014)
- 2015-05-27 - Bishops’ refelection: "Thinking Brazil", social inequalities in Brazil
- 2015-05-22 - More than 630,000 signatures for political Reform and transparent elections
- 2015-05-02 - Bishops' Message for May 1st: "We cannot live with slave labor"
- 2015-04-29 - "They kill to intimidate": another indigenous leader killed, the complaint of CIMI
- 2015-04-28 - Theme chosen for Missionary Campaign 2015 in Brazil: "Mission is to serve"
- 2015-04-15 - Report of the Pastoral Commission for Land: Homicides in the rural area increase
- 2015-04-13 - First missionary experience of fifty young men and women religious in the Amazon
- 2015-04-09 - Twelve million people live in favelas: educational projects for children
- 2015-04-01 - The Bishops' of Paranà: "We too suffer with the people ..."
- 2015-03-18 - Report on conflicts over water in Brazil: 42 000 families involved