AMERICA/PERU - Disabled children integrated in public schools in the south-west area of the Country
Lima (Agenzia Fides) - Caritas Peru, in collaboration with Caritas Germany, has promoted the project "educational and social inclusion of children and young people with disabilities in the southwestern region of Peru". According to a statement of the Peruvian Bishops' Conference sent to Fides Agency, after one year since the start of the project, 210 disabled children in 53 schools in the regions of Arequipa, Moquegua and Tacna were accompanied and assisted. The initiative focuses on the inclusion of adolescents and young people with disabilities in the work environment and help from organizations involved with the inclusion of people with these characteristics. In order to improve the technical and methodological responsibilities of schools, 214 teachers were trained through workshops and events. Awareness campaigns were also carried out. In the project children from other schools were also involved to foster respect and acceptance of their peers with disabilities. Within the family, parents with disabled children are sensitized on how to guide them towards the development of their skills. Caritas is also trying to include teenagers and young people with disabilities in the world of work, and at the moment is following the formation of 23 of them. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 23/06/2014)
- 2014-07-26 - 193 years of independent and Catholic life
- 2014-07-07 - The President receives requests to stop the law on therapeutic abortion
- 2014-07-04 - School conditions for poor Ashaninkas children
- 2014-07-02 - Legislation for therapeutic abortion is "immoral, unconstitutional and illegal"
- 2014-06-23 - Disabled children integrated in public schools in the south-west area of the Country
- 2014-06-13 - Denunciation of the Bishop of Puerto Maldonado for the violent intervention of the police against the miners
- 2014-05-27 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "to link all to criminality is just junk journalism"
- 2014-05-17 - Ceramic workshop in prison, with the help of the local Church
- 2014-04-16 - Small producers of pineapple take a step forward in the domestic market, with the support of Caritas
- 2014-04-02 - More than 600 former child workers have started school in the province of Chiclayo