AMERICA/PERU - Disabled children integrated in public schools in the south-west area of the Country
Lima (Agenzia Fides) - Caritas Peru, in collaboration with Caritas Germany, has promoted the project "educational and social inclusion of children and young people with disabilities in the southwestern region of Peru". According to a statement of the Peruvian Bishops' Conference sent to Fides Agency, after one year since the start of the project, 210 disabled children in 53 schools in the regions of Arequipa, Moquegua and Tacna were accompanied and assisted. The initiative focuses on the inclusion of adolescents and young people with disabilities in the work environment and help from organizations involved with the inclusion of people with these characteristics. In order to improve the technical and methodological responsibilities of schools, 214 teachers were trained through workshops and events. Awareness campaigns were also carried out. In the project children from other schools were also involved to foster respect and acceptance of their peers with disabilities. Within the family, parents with disabled children are sensitized on how to guide them towards the development of their skills. Caritas is also trying to include teenagers and young people with disabilities in the world of work, and at the moment is following the formation of 23 of them. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 23/06/2014)
- 2015-11-24 - Preparations are underway for the beatification of the first missionary martyrs of Peru
- 2015-11-16 - Each year leukemia affects the health of 1,200 poor children
- 2015-11-10 - More than 3,000 participants at the III National Missionary Congress: to relaunch the missionary parish
- 2015-11-07 - The program for the beatification of three priests killed in 1991 by the Shining Path presented to Parliament
- 2015-10-30 - Annual report on Indigenous women and girls: victims of violence, atrocities and humiliations
- 2015-10-19 - Share the beauty of consecrated life with a testimony of joy
- 2015-10-07 - The preparation for the beatification of the three missionaries killed in 1991 continues
- 2015-09-24 - Mgr. Piorno to the authorities involved in court proceedings: "The best thing is to resign, for the tranquility of the population"
- 2015-09-08 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "the solution to insecurity is not lynching"
- 2015-09-02 - A month dedicated to combatting human trafficking