AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Conclusion of the G77 + China, the Church hopes for commitment in favor of the poor
Santa Cruz (Agenzia Fides) – The Summit of the G77 + China, which was held on 14 and 15 June in Santa Cruz, Bolivia has concluded, launching a new roadmap for a more just world order and an appeal to the United Nations to keep the goal of eradicating hunger and poverty by 2030.
"It is a very important encounter for multilateral dialogue, because without the active participation and commitment of the G77 it would be difficult to find consensus regarding the major issues of development", said the Secretary general Ban Ki-moon in the statement sent to Fides from Bolivia.
In his homily last Sunday, His Exc. Mgr. Sergio Gualberti, Archbishop of Santa Cruz, expressed his wish so that the leaders and representatives of the G77 + China, are able to become servants of the common good, unity and peace among peoples".
Days before the Archbishop himself had invited the Christian community to pray for the success of the meeting so that even Bolivia "puts effort in pursuing the main goal of the Summit, Eradicating poverty of the population".
In 1964 the G77 had 77 members, and now includes 133 countries, representing two thirds of the members of the United Nations, and about 60 percent of the world population. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 18/06/2014)
- 2015-08-19 - Heavy rains leave more than a thousand of families homeless
- 2015-08-17 - Prison conditions improve thanks to mediation by Pope Francis
- 2015-07-29 - Government and people commence dialogue for definitive solution
- 2015-07-24 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Parishes shelter demonstrators demanding solutions to the mining question
- 2015-07-09 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – The faithful wait "standing" for the arrival of the Pope
- 2015-07-08 - "The world needs to change": Cardinal Turkson opens the World Meeting of Social Movements
- 2015-06-26 - The Pope will conclude the World Meeting of Social Movements
- 2015-05-27 - Radio and TV to announce the Gospel in the Vicariate of Nuflo de Chavez
- 2015-05-05 - Adoption campaign for children with disabilities
- 2015-04-30 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Linguistic Missionary Formation: a thorough preparation for the mission