AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Conclusion of the G77 + China, the Church hopes for commitment in favor of the poor
Santa Cruz (Agenzia Fides) – The Summit of the G77 + China, which was held on 14 and 15 June in Santa Cruz, Bolivia has concluded, launching a new roadmap for a more just world order and an appeal to the United Nations to keep the goal of eradicating hunger and poverty by 2030.
"It is a very important encounter for multilateral dialogue, because without the active participation and commitment of the G77 it would be difficult to find consensus regarding the major issues of development", said the Secretary general Ban Ki-moon in the statement sent to Fides from Bolivia.
In his homily last Sunday, His Exc. Mgr. Sergio Gualberti, Archbishop of Santa Cruz, expressed his wish so that the leaders and representatives of the G77 + China, are able to become servants of the common good, unity and peace among peoples".
Days before the Archbishop himself had invited the Christian community to pray for the success of the meeting so that even Bolivia "puts effort in pursuing the main goal of the Summit, Eradicating poverty of the population".
In 1964 the G77 had 77 members, and now includes 133 countries, representing two thirds of the members of the United Nations, and about 60 percent of the world population. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 18/06/2014)
- 2015-04-30 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Linguistic Missionary Formation: a thorough preparation for the mission
- 2015-04-29 - The Church is also growing in the use of the media: new website of the Archdiocese of La Paz
- 2015-04-20 - New date for the V Eucharistic Congress: September 16 to 20
- 2015-04-17 - "Bolivia is not out of the global crisis"; Bishops fear repercussions on the poor and excluded
- 2015-04-14 - Representatives of the Commission for the inter-institutional relations of CAM 5 elected
- 2015-04-01 - Morales's party wins, but loses much political ground
- 2015-03-30 - Minors remain a forgotten Sector of the population
- 2015-03-26 - More than 6 million to vote: the Bishops call for free and fair elections
- 2015-03-25 - "Bolivia Misionera", a new website committed to formation and permanent Mission
- 2015-03-17 - The Diocese of Cochabamba in solidarity with the children of TIPNIS