ASIA/INDIA - A Bishop: "Communicating the truth, without exagerating with violence against Christians"
Baruipur (Agenzia Fides) - "The Indian Church seeks to proclaim the gospel with the media which are today a powerful means of evangelization in Indian society": says to Fides Agency Mgr. Salvadore Lobo, Bishop of Baruipur, who is about to begin his service as President of the "Commission for Social Communications" in the Indian Bishops' Conference.
"We live in a world that has dramatically increased the speed of communication. The Church can be present in the agora of the media in order to make Christ known, who is the Way, the Truth and Life", says the Bishop explaining the guidelines of his new service.
Faith and the Christian message – he notes - are appreciated in India, "although there is sporadic violence against the faithful, by extremist groups". "To carry out a good service, in these cases – he remarks - is to tell the truth, without exaggerating with episodes of violence". The Church is present in India "with enormous efforts regarding social services to people of all religions", says the Bishop, announcing his commitment to improve communication in the media, Catholics and non-Catholics, in all the dioceses of the vast nation. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 14/06/2014)
- 2015-07-03 - One hundred years of mission in the media for the Daughters of St. Paul
- 2015-07-02 - Stop violence against women
- 2015-07-01 - A radio station to help farmers in Bundelkhand
- 2015-06-27 - Anti-Christian Violence in Kerala
- 2015-06-12 - The Director of the PMS: "Farmers and religious minorities abandoned by the Indian government"
- 2015-06-02 - Suicides of farmers, a scourge of society
- 2015-06-01 - The Salesians start a center for renewable energy in the Northeast
- 2015-05-29 - Street dentists for the poor: a widespread service
- 2015-05-20 - The Indian Bishops: "We would be happy for the canonization of Mother Teresa"
- 2015-05-16 - Five attacks in five days against the Christians in Madhya Pradesh