ASIA/INDIA - A Bishop: "Communicating the truth, without exagerating with violence against Christians"
Baruipur (Agenzia Fides) - "The Indian Church seeks to proclaim the gospel with the media which are today a powerful means of evangelization in Indian society": says to Fides Agency Mgr. Salvadore Lobo, Bishop of Baruipur, who is about to begin his service as President of the "Commission for Social Communications" in the Indian Bishops' Conference.
"We live in a world that has dramatically increased the speed of communication. The Church can be present in the agora of the media in order to make Christ known, who is the Way, the Truth and Life", says the Bishop explaining the guidelines of his new service.
Faith and the Christian message – he notes - are appreciated in India, "although there is sporadic violence against the faithful, by extremist groups". "To carry out a good service, in these cases – he remarks - is to tell the truth, without exaggerating with episodes of violence". The Church is present in India "with enormous efforts regarding social services to people of all religions", says the Bishop, announcing his commitment to improve communication in the media, Catholics and non-Catholics, in all the dioceses of the vast nation. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 14/06/2014)
- 2015-01-30 - Bishops to the government: "To support a secular India and respectful of the rights"
- 2015-01-27 - Church set on fire in the state of Telangana
- 2015-01-26 - Christians: "Obama speak with Narendra Modi about religious minorities"
- 2015-01-20 - ASIA/INDIA – The men who devastated a church in Delhi are Sikhs: three people arrested
- 2014-12-23 - At Christmas, the "Day of good governance": Christians approve
- 2014-12-19 - Education, food and protection for orphaned girls
- 2014-12-19 - Christian leaders: "Christmas with a heavy heart because of the violence against Churches"
- 2014-12-16 - Year of the consecrated life: Sisters in brothels to save the enslaved prostitutes
- 2014-12-11 - Catholics: "The government must not encourage Hindu extremists"
- 2014-12-09 - Human Rights Day: Bishops focus on minorities, religious, tribals and Dalit