ASIA/INDIA - A Bishop: "Communicating the truth, without exagerating with violence against Christians"
Baruipur (Agenzia Fides) - "The Indian Church seeks to proclaim the gospel with the media which are today a powerful means of evangelization in Indian society": says to Fides Agency Mgr. Salvadore Lobo, Bishop of Baruipur, who is about to begin his service as President of the "Commission for Social Communications" in the Indian Bishops' Conference.
"We live in a world that has dramatically increased the speed of communication. The Church can be present in the agora of the media in order to make Christ known, who is the Way, the Truth and Life", says the Bishop explaining the guidelines of his new service.
Faith and the Christian message – he notes - are appreciated in India, "although there is sporadic violence against the faithful, by extremist groups". "To carry out a good service, in these cases – he remarks - is to tell the truth, without exaggerating with episodes of violence". The Church is present in India "with enormous efforts regarding social services to people of all religions", says the Bishop, announcing his commitment to improve communication in the media, Catholics and non-Catholics, in all the dioceses of the vast nation. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 14/06/2014)
- 2015-08-28 - India is polio-free: thanks to the collaboration between State and Church
- 2015-08-26 - Census on religions: Muslims increas, Christians stable
- 2015-08-25 - "No more violence": anniversary of anti-Christian massacres in Orissa
- 2015-08-24 - A Christian Forum urges the Government of Orissa to protect Christians
- 2015-08-21 - The Daughters of Mary Help of Christians open a new convent in the state of Orissa
- 2015-08-04 - ASIA/INDIA – Over half a million children engaged in risky work in cotton fields
- 2015-07-28 - Tribal priestesses help preserve millet
- 2015-07-20 - The Franciscans: no to violence against women
- 2015-07-03 - One hundred years of mission in the media for the Daughters of St. Paul
- 2015-07-02 - Stop violence against women