AMERICA/ECUADOR - Projects in favor of Children: day care, healthy eating, education
Quito (Agenzia Fides) - Attention and special measures for Ecuadorian children are some of the objectives of the local government Currently, thanks to a program that is part of the project of Infant Buen Vivir (CIBV) centers, 92 000 children are being assisted. The program provides daily care and attention as well as a nutrition plan tailored for young children. In addition, the project Creciendo con Nuestros Hijos, for children between1 to 3 years of age, deals with the development of sectors such as psychomotor, socio-affective, linguistic teaching. This plan is intended primarily for children whose parents or grandparents care for children at home. Another of the objectives of the local Government is the reduction of child labor. From 2007 to 2013 the percentage dropped from 8% to 2.6%. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 10/06/2014)
- 2015-08-01 - Papal altar to serve as parish church
- 2015-07-08 - "We also want to be missionaries" says the indigenous representative to the Pope
- 2015-07-07 - The Pope's visit "will mark a before and after with regards to the situation in the country"
- 2015-07-06 - 10 000 from Santo Domingo to Quito for the Pope's Mass
- 2015-06-26 - Still demonstrations against President Correa
- 2015-06-17 - Bishops: dialogue is the only path to find solutions, violence is always destructive
- 2015-04-17 - Floods favor the spread of the chikungunya virus
- 2015-01-29 - The country remembers "the Bishop of the Indios"
- 2014-10-21 - Indigenous people continue to be discriminated against, undernourished and not protected
- 2014-10-01 - Family Week in Guayaquil, wealth and renewal of society