Vatican - Without the Holy Spirit there is no mission, there is no evangelization
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - "Jesus was peremptory with the Apostles were not to leave Jerusalem until they have received from the power of the Holy Spirit. Without Him there is no mission, there is no evangelization. For this reason, with the whole Church, our Mother the Catholic Church we call: Come, Holy Spirit!" With these words, the Holy Father concluded his homily celebrated in the Vatican Basilica on the Solemnity of Pentecost, on Sunday, June 8. The Pope recalled that "On the day of Pentecost, when the disciples "were filled with the Holy Spirit," was the baptism of the Church, who was born "out" in "start" to proclaim to all people the Good News. The Mother Church, which begins to serve. Recall the other Mother, our Mother who departed promptly to serve. The Mother Church and the Mother Mary: both virgins, both mothers, both women".
Even before reciting the Marian prayer of the Regina Coeli, the Holy Father returned to speak of the Solemnity of the Pentecost with these words: "The Church that was born at Pentecost is a community that arouses awe because, with the strength that comes from God, announces a new message - the Resurrection of Christ - with a new language – that of universal love ... So it is called to always be the Church: able to surprise everyone by announcing that Jesus Christ conquered death, that God’s arms are always open, that his patience is always there and waits to heal, to forgive us. Precisely for this mission the risen Jesus gave His Spirit to the Church". (SL) (Agenzia Fides 09/06/2014)
- 2015-03-30 - The Pope: "We think of our brothers and sisters who are persecuted because they are Christians, the martyrs of our own time"
- 2015-03-27 - Cardinal Filoni returns to Iraq to express the closeness and affection of the Pope to displaced families
- 2015-03-16 - VATICAN – Pope Francis: "Our brothers' and sisters' blood is shed only because they are Christians"
- 2015-02-10 - VATICAN – World Day of the Sick: the Church runs 115 352 health care and social assistance institutes in the world
- 2015-02-04 - On February 8: "Shine a light against human trafficking"
- 2015-01-26 - Cardinal Filoni celebrates the 50th anniversary of the diocese of Xuan Loc, "may families and parishes become God’s families"
- 2015-01-23 - Cardinal Filoni at the Shrine of La Vang entrusts the work of evangelization to the Virgin
- 2015-01-22 - Solidarity of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples to the Church of Niger
- 2015-01-20 - Church of Vietnam: "path of conversion and to a strong commitment to evangelization"
- 2015-01-20 - Cardinal. Filoni in Vietnam: "a living Church," distinguished from "the steadfast Faith of the Vietnamese faithful"