Vatican - Without the Holy Spirit there is no mission, there is no evangelization
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - "Jesus was peremptory with the Apostles were not to leave Jerusalem until they have received from the power of the Holy Spirit. Without Him there is no mission, there is no evangelization. For this reason, with the whole Church, our Mother the Catholic Church we call: Come, Holy Spirit!" With these words, the Holy Father concluded his homily celebrated in the Vatican Basilica on the Solemnity of Pentecost, on Sunday, June 8. The Pope recalled that "On the day of Pentecost, when the disciples "were filled with the Holy Spirit," was the baptism of the Church, who was born "out" in "start" to proclaim to all people the Good News. The Mother Church, which begins to serve. Recall the other Mother, our Mother who departed promptly to serve. The Mother Church and the Mother Mary: both virgins, both mothers, both women".
Even before reciting the Marian prayer of the Regina Coeli, the Holy Father returned to speak of the Solemnity of the Pentecost with these words: "The Church that was born at Pentecost is a community that arouses awe because, with the strength that comes from God, announces a new message - the Resurrection of Christ - with a new language – that of universal love ... So it is called to always be the Church: able to surprise everyone by announcing that Jesus Christ conquered death, that God’s arms are always open, that his patience is always there and waits to heal, to forgive us. Precisely for this mission the risen Jesus gave His Spirit to the Church". (SL) (Agenzia Fides 09/06/2014)
- 2015-11-30 - Cardinal Filoni’s report: those who do not know Christ and the challenges for the Church increase
- 2015-11-27 - Plenary Assembly of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples: missionary awareness and young Churches 50 years after the Ad Gentes Decree
- 2015-11-12 - Statement from the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples
- 2015-11-03 - Pope's appeal for Central Africa: "put an end to this cycle of violence"
- 2015-10-29 - Cardinal Filoni: Only peace will save the indigenous Christian communities in Mesopotamia
- 2015-10-28 - Appeal from the 5 continents: "The fight against climate change must respect the rights of the poor"
- 2015-10-28 - Urbaniana University: to form men and women capable of becoming bridges of relationships and instruments of mutual understanding
- 2015-10-16 - The Missionary Rosary for World Mission Day and the 50th anniversary of the "Ad Gentes" decree
- 2015-10-02 - Cardinal Filoni opens the formative year: "called to live the joy of the Gospel"
- 2015-10-01 - With the feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, October, month of the missions begins