Vatican - Without the Holy Spirit there is no mission, there is no evangelization
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - "Jesus was peremptory with the Apostles were not to leave Jerusalem until they have received from the power of the Holy Spirit. Without Him there is no mission, there is no evangelization. For this reason, with the whole Church, our Mother the Catholic Church we call: Come, Holy Spirit!" With these words, the Holy Father concluded his homily celebrated in the Vatican Basilica on the Solemnity of Pentecost, on Sunday, June 8. The Pope recalled that "On the day of Pentecost, when the disciples "were filled with the Holy Spirit," was the baptism of the Church, who was born "out" in "start" to proclaim to all people the Good News. The Mother Church, which begins to serve. Recall the other Mother, our Mother who departed promptly to serve. The Mother Church and the Mother Mary: both virgins, both mothers, both women".
Even before reciting the Marian prayer of the Regina Coeli, the Holy Father returned to speak of the Solemnity of the Pentecost with these words: "The Church that was born at Pentecost is a community that arouses awe because, with the strength that comes from God, announces a new message - the Resurrection of Christ - with a new language – that of universal love ... So it is called to always be the Church: able to surprise everyone by announcing that Jesus Christ conquered death, that God’s arms are always open, that his patience is always there and waits to heal, to forgive us. Precisely for this mission the risen Jesus gave His Spirit to the Church". (SL) (Agenzia Fides 09/06/2014)
- 2014-12-03 - VATICAN – Religious leaders resolve “to work for the freedom of all those who are enslaved and trafficked”
- 2014-11-26 - The First International Day of Prayer and Awareness against Human Trafficking
- 2014-11-24 - Pope Francis: may the Lord grant a new missionary drive to the Church in India
- 2014-10-30 - Pope's appeal: take all necessary measures to eradicate the Ebola virus
- 2014-10-25 - WORLD MISSION DAY - CATHOLIC CHURCH STATISTICS 2014
- 2014-10-20 - Pope Paul VI, "a staunch supporter of the mission ad gentes"
- 2014-10-18 - VATICAN – Blessed Pope Paul VI: "The love for Missions is love for the Church, love for Christ!"
- 2014-10-13 - The memory of the missionaries, their examples, attract and inspire us to imitate their faith
- 2014-10-07 - First ever global campaign by the 160 Caritas national organisations: ending world hunger is their priority
- 2014-10-01 - The feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, Patroness of the Missions, opens the Mission Month