Vatican - Without the Holy Spirit there is no mission, there is no evangelization
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - "Jesus was peremptory with the Apostles were not to leave Jerusalem until they have received from the power of the Holy Spirit. Without Him there is no mission, there is no evangelization. For this reason, with the whole Church, our Mother the Catholic Church we call: Come, Holy Spirit!" With these words, the Holy Father concluded his homily celebrated in the Vatican Basilica on the Solemnity of Pentecost, on Sunday, June 8. The Pope recalled that "On the day of Pentecost, when the disciples "were filled with the Holy Spirit," was the baptism of the Church, who was born "out" in "start" to proclaim to all people the Good News. The Mother Church, which begins to serve. Recall the other Mother, our Mother who departed promptly to serve. The Mother Church and the Mother Mary: both virgins, both mothers, both women".
Even before reciting the Marian prayer of the Regina Coeli, the Holy Father returned to speak of the Solemnity of the Pentecost with these words: "The Church that was born at Pentecost is a community that arouses awe because, with the strength that comes from God, announces a new message - the Resurrection of Christ - with a new language – that of universal love ... So it is called to always be the Church: able to surprise everyone by announcing that Jesus Christ conquered death, that God’s arms are always open, that his patience is always there and waits to heal, to forgive us. Precisely for this mission the risen Jesus gave His Spirit to the Church". (SL) (Agenzia Fides 09/06/2014)
- 2014-07-14 - VATICAN – Pope makes heartfelt appeal "to continue to pray for peace in the Holy Land"
- 2014-06-14 - Message of His Holiness Francis for the World Mission Day 2014
- 2014-06-09 - Without the Holy Spirit there is no mission, there is no evangelization
- 2014-06-02 - Death of Cardinal Lourdusamy, he was Secretary of Propaganda Fide and President of the PMS
- 2014-06-02 - Cardinal Filoni to the seminarians in Otélé : "without the logic of holiness, the priestly ministry would simply be a social function"
- 2014-06-02 - Cardinal Filoni to the clergy of Equatorial Guinea: "A priest is not an official of the Church, but administrator of the mysteries of God":
- 2014-05-28 - Cardinal Filoni to the seminarians in Nkolbisson-Yaoundé: "take to heart the ideal of the priest that the Church needs today and will need tomorrow"
- 2014-05-26 - Cardinal Filoni in Cameroon, for the centenary of the evangelization of Bamenda, and in Equatorial Guinea
- 2014-05-21 - Pope Francis invites to pray so that "Catholics in China continue to believe, to hope and to love"
- 2014-05-08 - Cardinal Filoni at the Mater Ecclesiae College: Religious women, missionary outposts and proclamation of the Gospel