Vatican - Without the Holy Spirit there is no mission, there is no evangelization
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - "Jesus was peremptory with the Apostles were not to leave Jerusalem until they have received from the power of the Holy Spirit. Without Him there is no mission, there is no evangelization. For this reason, with the whole Church, our Mother the Catholic Church we call: Come, Holy Spirit!" With these words, the Holy Father concluded his homily celebrated in the Vatican Basilica on the Solemnity of Pentecost, on Sunday, June 8. The Pope recalled that "On the day of Pentecost, when the disciples "were filled with the Holy Spirit," was the baptism of the Church, who was born "out" in "start" to proclaim to all people the Good News. The Mother Church, which begins to serve. Recall the other Mother, our Mother who departed promptly to serve. The Mother Church and the Mother Mary: both virgins, both mothers, both women".
Even before reciting the Marian prayer of the Regina Coeli, the Holy Father returned to speak of the Solemnity of the Pentecost with these words: "The Church that was born at Pentecost is a community that arouses awe because, with the strength that comes from God, announces a new message - the Resurrection of Christ - with a new language – that of universal love ... So it is called to always be the Church: able to surprise everyone by announcing that Jesus Christ conquered death, that God’s arms are always open, that his patience is always there and waits to heal, to forgive us. Precisely for this mission the risen Jesus gave His Spirit to the Church". (SL) (Agenzia Fides 09/06/2014)
- 2015-06-30 - VATICAN – Ceremonial gift of the pallium to 46 Metropolitan Archbishops, 13 belong to the territories of Propaganda Fide
- 2015-06-17 - VATICAN – The Pope: "the international community should act in a fitting and effective way to prevent the causes of forced migration"
- 2015-06-05 - Pope Francis to the PMS: "missionary activity is still the greatest challenge for the Church"
- 2015-05-28 - General Assembly of the Pontifical Mission Societies: "How to support the universal mission today and tomorrow"
- 2015-05-25 - The Pope's Message for World Mission Day 2015
- 2015-05-21 - The Pope recalls the Day of Prayer for the Church in China on May 24
- 2015-05-18 - Archbishop Romero will be the patron of Caritas Internationalis
- 2015-05-04 - Cardinal Filoni ordains 14 deacons from Africa and Asia: "you must have a missionary heart"
- 2015-04-29 - For a "Christian commitment" in the fight against human trafficking
- 2015-04-13 - Jubilee of Mercy: "This is a time for the Church to rediscover the meaning of the mission entrusted to her by the Lord"