AMERICA/BRAZIL - World Cup: 10 Rules for fair play and for a more just society
Rio de Janeiro (Agenzia Fides) - Fair play and a more just society: this is the goal highlighted by the Catholic Church in Germany (through its body ADVENIAT and other supporters), in collaboration with the National Conference of bishops of Brazil (CNBB ) and the Conference of Religious of Brazil (CRB ), through the campaign "Steilpass" (ie, the decisive turning point, "assist" in the football jargon, to score goals) for the 2014 world Cup.
The initiative will be presented on 10 and 11 June in Rio de Janeiro and Brasilia. On the 12th, coinciding with the start of the World Championship, the organizers of the campaign intend to give the Brazilian government ten requests that characterize the proposal: "Ten Rules for fair play and justice for all".
The note sent to Fides Agency reports the 10 petitions: the need to create decent work for all; access to a complete public education; ensure democratic control of justice; rural and agrarian reforms in an equitable manner; democratic control of the media; promote and protect young people from violence; preserve the cultural diversity of the peoples; fight corruption and ensure transparency; undertake initiatives to promote social commitment of citizens; health care for all. Through "Steilpass" one wants to respond to the social problems expressed in several demonstrations carried out recently. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 05/06/2014)
- 2014-12-15 - cultural immersion before the mission
- 2014-12-02 - In Haiti, the needs are still so many, the commitment of the religious women of Brazil continues
- 2014-11-24 - There are now 500 thousand signatures which have been collected for the Democratic Political Reform
- 2014-11-20 - Support of the Church with regards to the formation of political consciousness for democratic reform
- 2014-10-27 - Beatification of the co-founder of the Scalabrinians: "May the whole Church be missionary of truth, mother Assunta did it"
- 2014-10-27 - Dilma Rousseff re-elected President with a narrow margin: she will have to face recession, corruption and discontent
- 2014-10-24 - AMERICA/BRAZIL – Bishops’ statement: "No backtrack on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples"
- 2014-09-24 - Missionary Campaign 2014: One cannot combat human trafficking without combatting poverty and inequality
- 2014-09-18 - Elections of October 5: corruption enters the electoral debate
- 2014-09-17 - Join forces for joint action: establishment of the "Red Eclesial Pan-Amazon"