AMERICA/BRAZIL - World Cup: 10 Rules for fair play and for a more just society
Rio de Janeiro (Agenzia Fides) - Fair play and a more just society: this is the goal highlighted by the Catholic Church in Germany (through its body ADVENIAT and other supporters), in collaboration with the National Conference of bishops of Brazil (CNBB ) and the Conference of Religious of Brazil (CRB ), through the campaign "Steilpass" (ie, the decisive turning point, "assist" in the football jargon, to score goals) for the 2014 world Cup.
The initiative will be presented on 10 and 11 June in Rio de Janeiro and Brasilia. On the 12th, coinciding with the start of the World Championship, the organizers of the campaign intend to give the Brazilian government ten requests that characterize the proposal: "Ten Rules for fair play and justice for all".
The note sent to Fides Agency reports the 10 petitions: the need to create decent work for all; access to a complete public education; ensure democratic control of justice; rural and agrarian reforms in an equitable manner; democratic control of the media; promote and protect young people from violence; preserve the cultural diversity of the peoples; fight corruption and ensure transparency; undertake initiatives to promote social commitment of citizens; health care for all. Through "Steilpass" one wants to respond to the social problems expressed in several demonstrations carried out recently. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 05/06/2014)
- 2014-07-23 - Mission to relieve: a challenge for evangelization; the Missionary Campaign 2014 begins
- 2014-07-18 - The first "National Catholic Congress online" for those working in the field of evangelization
- 2014-07-16 - A photo exhibition on the 33 years of fighting for the rights of indigenous peoples arrives in Manaus
- 2014-07-04 - "Immediate answers concerning the issue of immigrants are urgently needed"
- 2014-06-30 - Exploitation of children: from the World Cup to the Winter Olympics 2016
- 2014-06-24 - "Mission to relieve" the missionary campaign against human trafficking in persons
- 2014-06-23 - The tragedy of child prostitution behind the glitz of the World Cup
- 2014-06-17 - Social inclusion and missionary work, the commitment of the Church in Brazil for Haiti continues
- 2014-06-12 - The World Cup begins with a "Red Card to Child Labour"
- 2014-06-11 - "The only goal that matters is the demarcation of our lands", say the indigenous