AMERICA/BRAZIL - World Cup: 10 Rules for fair play and for a more just society
Rio de Janeiro (Agenzia Fides) - Fair play and a more just society: this is the goal highlighted by the Catholic Church in Germany (through its body ADVENIAT and other supporters), in collaboration with the National Conference of bishops of Brazil (CNBB ) and the Conference of Religious of Brazil (CRB ), through the campaign "Steilpass" (ie, the decisive turning point, "assist" in the football jargon, to score goals) for the 2014 world Cup.
The initiative will be presented on 10 and 11 June in Rio de Janeiro and Brasilia. On the 12th, coinciding with the start of the World Championship, the organizers of the campaign intend to give the Brazilian government ten requests that characterize the proposal: "Ten Rules for fair play and justice for all".
The note sent to Fides Agency reports the 10 petitions: the need to create decent work for all; access to a complete public education; ensure democratic control of justice; rural and agrarian reforms in an equitable manner; democratic control of the media; promote and protect young people from violence; preserve the cultural diversity of the peoples; fight corruption and ensure transparency; undertake initiatives to promote social commitment of citizens; health care for all. Through "Steilpass" one wants to respond to the social problems expressed in several demonstrations carried out recently. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 05/06/2014)
- 2015-07-25 - AMERICA/BRAZIL – Franciscan Sister murdered
- 2015-07-23 - Mission Campaign 2015: material ready
- 2015-07-21 - The water crisis threatens millions of people
- 2015-07-20 - A video documents the first missionary experience of young people in the Amazon
- 2015-07-01 - The indifference of the state in the face of a situation of injustice denounced by the Bishop of Dourados
- 2015-06-25 - More than 20,000 people every week prepare themselves for the feast of Our Lady of Perpetual Help
- 2015-06-23 - Report of CIMI: suicide and infant mortality are decimating the indigenous population
- 2015-06-16 - On the border between Peru and Bolivia, crossroads of migrants
- 2015-06-16 - "No to prejudice, yes to rights and participation": week of Migrants
- 2015-06-10 - From Haiti to Brazil in the hands of human traffickers, with the hope of a better future