ASIA/IRAQ - Iraqi Christians on pilgrimage to the house of Abraham, calling for national reconciliation
Basra (Agenzia Fides) - A group of Christians in Bassora and Baghdad, led by the Chaldean Archbishop of Basra, Habib al-Naufali, on Wednesday June 4th made a pilgrimage to the house of Abraham, in the archaeological site of Ur (18 km west of Nasiriyah), where a Mass was celebrated to invoke the gift of peace and national unity. During the pilgrimage, Archbishop al-Naufali relaunched the idea of erecting a church in the area that also offers a reference point for pilgrims who visit the places from where the mission of Abraham started, the Father of all believers. In the last year visits and pilgrimages to ancient Ur have intensified, also favored by local bodies for the promotion of tourism, eager to show that the area is safe and ready to welcome Pope Francis. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 05/06/2014)
- 2015-11-20 - Christian and Muslim leaders in Kurdistan celebrate together the "day of tolerance"
- 2015-11-13 - A kindergarten, a language and professional training center for the displaced
- 2015-11-11 - Large participation in the protest against the law on the Islamization of minors
- 2015-11-09 - Chaldean Patriarch convenes a protest against the law on the Islamization of minors
- 2015-11-05 - Even Christians demonstrate in Erbil against the law on the Islamization of minors
- 2015-10-28 - Parliament rejected the request to change the law on the religious affiliation regarding children
- 2015-10-23 - 400 young Christians take part in Kirkuk Youth Day
- 2015-10-10 - Christians in Erbil protest against corruption, "our neighborhoods are being filled with infamous clubs"
- 2015-10-09 - Two Iraqi sisters go and live among the Christian refugees camped in Erbil
- 2015-10-06 - Iraqi Ministry of Justice: Christian property will be protected