ASIA/IRAQ - Iraqi Christians on pilgrimage to the house of Abraham, calling for national reconciliation
Basra (Agenzia Fides) - A group of Christians in Bassora and Baghdad, led by the Chaldean Archbishop of Basra, Habib al-Naufali, on Wednesday June 4th made a pilgrimage to the house of Abraham, in the archaeological site of Ur (18 km west of Nasiriyah), where a Mass was celebrated to invoke the gift of peace and national unity. During the pilgrimage, Archbishop al-Naufali relaunched the idea of erecting a church in the area that also offers a reference point for pilgrims who visit the places from where the mission of Abraham started, the Father of all believers. In the last year visits and pilgrimages to ancient Ur have intensified, also favored by local bodies for the promotion of tourism, eager to show that the area is safe and ready to welcome Pope Francis. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 05/06/2014)
- 2015-07-03 - The founding conference of the Chaldean League has concluded
- 2015-07-01 - An international conference in Erbil to found the "League of the Chaldeans"
- 2015-06-18 - Chaldean Patriarch sends a message to Muslims for the start of Ramadan
- 2015-06-13 - Thousands of Christian homes taken by deception
- 2015-06-10 - Chaldean Patriarch: a year after the fall of Mosul, only national reconciliation can save the country
- 2015-05-15 - The Chaldean Patriarch visits Tehran: "The Iranian government supports the people and the government of Iraq"
- 2015-05-04 - Chaldean Patriarch opens discussion on the draft Constitution for the Iraqi Kurdistan Region
- 2015-05-02 - Military offensive to free the province of Nineveh. Chaldean priest: "Christians want to return to their homes"
- 2015-04-13 - Northern Iraq's displaced get own radio station
- 2015-03-30 - The Chaldean Church participates in the mourning for the death of Assyrian Patriarch Mar Dinkha IV